Coopers Pale Ale Additions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stew.w

Reaction score
i need to make some beer fast as my first ag was infected :angry: (second one turned out great tho) and dont have time to do a full brew this w/e.
i have a can of coopers pale ale and brew enhancer 1 also have some dextrose too. what hops should i add and when?
i have:
cascade - not much
chinnok - heaps
saaz - not much
amarillo - heaps
will be reusing windsor yeast from last brew (not infected ;) ) as thats all the LHBS had last time i was there.
gona do it tonight

Cheers,

Stewart

20g Amarillo @ flameout or dry hopped, or the same of some Cascade for 5-10 mins in the boil, just use the BE1, if you could get your hands on some LDME that'd be great but obviously not hey. Only used Windsor once and can't remember anything about it but if it's a vigorous beast then prolly best to dry hop with anything citrusy you have on hand after it slows down a bit, ie: Amarillo, Chinoook, or Cascade. All are good for an APA

I did a Coopers Pale Ale the other months as follows:

1 can Coopers Pale Ale
1kg LDME
15gm Amarillo at 15 mins
15gm Amarillo at 5 min
15gm Amarillo at flameout and 15gm Amarillo dry hopped.

Made up to 22 litres.

Pitched with US05 yeast.

Turned out great. Similar flavour profile to a JS Golden Ale. As a matter of fact was that good I'm gonna put another one down this week.

My Chinook APA is the best I've done to date:

1*Coopers PA Can
1kg LDME
400g Glucose (liquid dextrose)
20g Chinook @ 20
10g Cascase @ 10, 5 & 0

Has an amazing pinapple aroma and a slight taste!

Latest posts

Back