Coopers Mexican Cerveza

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled my batch of cervesa on Saturday, went clear and settled very quickly, opened one today just to see what it was doing, not much of a hiss, but it has been cool and secondary will probably take a while.
It was surprisingly good compared to the first one I made and I can only attribute this to the Saflager and addition of 250g LDME.
It was a bit soft and a touch of sweetness which I think will vanish soon enough.
Again for this I used the kit, Saflager, 250g DLME and the Coopers BE2, made up to 23 litres, 2 weeks in primary.
Didn't touch the yeast provided.

Poured the very last stubbie of my corona clone last night, added a slice of lime off the tree out front and savoured every last drop while bbqing some steaks. At 6 months old it was superb.
Mine was just the basic recipe off the Coopers tin. It was a little bit bland, but great with lime. I'll definitely be brewing this one again sometime in the future.

Tried mine @ about 3 weeks and have to say the colour is lighter then most beers but nothing like corona. Taste was in the same light style.

If I do again which I may for a summer beer while do with dextrose. I think malt stuffs the corona style.

Kegged one only last week. Coopers BE no.1 with 500 g extra maltodextrin. Very mild flavour but ever improving.

what the?

Tried mine last week, tasted like cider. Not happy Jan. Must have been something I did. Wont do it again, brew this I mean.

daniel

started this brew last nite

Using the coopers tin cerveza and Brew enhancer 2

I used filtered water out of the insink filter

it tastes a bit weak ( 23l like the tin says).

Fermenting fine ,dropped
10 specific gravity points in less than a day so im fairly happy with that

OG 1040

hoping to get down to about 1010- 1008 ish

Im using a heat belt in this weather its going good guns

what the?

Tried mine last week, tasted like cider. Not happy Jan. Must have been something I did. Wont do it again, brew this I mean.

daniel
Mine was like that but after about three/four weeks the sweetness vanished, it's still improving and waiting for some warmer weather (aren't we all :( )

Excellent idea, actually I'll have to chuck that in some crates for summer this baby! You'd definatley appreciate it then hey!

Sam,

Fermented at 19Deg with S-33. It was in the keg for 1 week at 4Deg before I tried it. I used brew booster #2. Looking back at my notes I may have discovered my problem. I added 500g of dex. Og was 1062 Fg was 1014. I added the xtra as it was sitting around. I might try this again with just the #2 and S-04 at 12 Deg.

Definately not a temp issue, assuming S-33 is an Ale yeast? (i'm not familiar with it)

I'd say you found your prob with the dextrose as you mentioned.

My mate and I are new to home brewing, and we started a brew of Cerveza on the weekend. We chucked in the coopers cerveza can, 1kg of coopers brew enhancer 2, 1kg of coopers brewing sugar, and a few grams of Amarillo hops. She seems to be running steadily at 20 degrees celsius.

However, after reading up on it, I seem to think we weren't meant to add the brewing sugar. Anybody want to confirm this? Also, how do you think it will affect the beer? Any advice will be really appreciated

Hey Cognosis,
you wern't ment to add it, no idea what it will taste like, it'll be nice and alcoholic tho, somewhere in the low 7% range i would guess

-Phill

She'll be 'sweeet'.

Dunno if the supplied yeast will be able to ferment all that sugar. But as phil says, if it does ferment it the beer will have some kick.

Cheers guys. If she does have a larger alcohol content, all the better :D. She'll be like Toohey Extra Dry Platiunum, except it won't taste like crap (hopefully anyway)

If it ferments it all your mates will call you a legend, if it doesn't your missus will love you for making such a sugary drink.

my cerveza turned out great pity i had to put it in PET bottles i didnt have glass ones.
Tastes good but im a little worried that there isnt enough fizz in any of my beers that i have made at the moment i have them in foam boxes above the cement floor an after 2 weeks some only have tiny bit of carbonation the others heaps, and the one i bulk primed isnt fizzy enough probly didnt put enough sugar in it,

Back