Coopers In Cans, Camping Ahoy!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you make the cask last it's 1.50 a day. If you break down and get another on Sunday it's still only 3 bucks a day. Way cheaper than 6 packs.

Sunday.......yeah...might need a 3rd one by about 11am...

Really should have got that ghetto brew going earlier in the week instead of wasting time sitting out front of centerlink bumming smokes off dole bludgers for kicks....

Yeh sorry men, my awesomeness will be offline as of tomorrow morning until sometime next week.

I have a cask of Penfolds Wood Aged Port to liven things up after the cans and homemade wood aged rum, it's a wood aged heaven this trip. Also I'm worried it's going to be freezing as Fuk, it was pretty cold already this morning early in our hot town, 700m up in the tablelands on a peak may be a wee chilly. C'mon Port.

lukiferj said:
If you need it made quicker just use a WW.
Can u ask Mr WW if I can run that off my 600w inverter, that's powered by my 12v dual battery system, that's charged by my 110w solar panel???

Pics or it didn't happen and all that business.

FILE0136.JPG
P1010416.JPG
P1010419.JPG
P1010420.JPG
P1010427.JPG
P1010433.JPG
P1010439.JPG

Coopers pale ale in a can is called dr tims from memory, they had to change the name because people would buy it expecting pale ale, but it's not quite the same..

So they protected the flagship brand by renaming it. It's not that good tbh.

Nothing is better out of a can...

Cans are actually a great way to package beer. If you want to get beer snobby about it, you'd be pouring it into a glass anyway and cans are like mini-kegs and protected from UV light.

On a fishing trip, I'd be necking straight from the can though. Looks like fun Shaunous.

Dr Tims is a different beer.

Mild cans came about because of Coppers Mild having sponsership rights for the V8 Supercars.

I bought a slab on the weekend. Nothing wrong with it at all. No difference to the bottle.

Purely academic now but , Mornington brewery is about to release cans - great IPA

Got told by the Dan Murphies man that Dr Tims is not available. When I asked about ordering, that was apparently to hard. I know 2 guys that work there, but they were off shift at the time, will revisit later.

peas_and_corn said:
What's it like, being outside?
It's just lovely, you should try it, would u like me to save a spot and bring another fishing rod next time?

Dr Tims was Coopers first attempt at producing bottle conditioning in cans. Bit of a first in Aus. The cans are slightly different to take into account the sec fermentation.

Shaun, you should join our social "fishing" and drinking club at Roches. Doboy up near Bucurumbi was the last trip. Good fishing and camp oven duck with vegies.

Yeh I've been to Doboy, great spot.

mmmmm, I probably should join a 'fishing' club, I'm not much of a fisherman though :)

Fuk I was a mess walking out of Roches this morning, who knows how many pints of Guinness I consumed.

The fishing bit is very optional....to the point that if some one does bring a fishing rod then its almost looked upon as "you cant be serious".....but the drinking is mandatory

shaunous said:
Got told by the Dan Murphies man that Dr Tims is not available. When I asked about ordering, that was apparently to hard. I know 2 guys that work there, but they were off shift at the time, will revisit later.

It's just lovely, you should try it, would u like me to save a spot and bring another fishing rod next time?
Hell no

They have Coopers Vintage on tap at Roches now....man...I got smashed on last night.

Back