Coopers In Cans, Camping Ahoy!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's been around for quite a while. I'm in SA and perhaps its not so widely available interstate. It's ok I guess, suitable for a camping trip but not very complex. It really should not be compared to their bottled ales in my opinion. But thumbs up to beer in cans on camping trips, there is nothing worse than broken glass in the bush or dragging empties home!

Yeah been around for a while. I got some cheap from the local bottle shop once because they had ordered them by mistake.

Semi off topic but I wish more good / craft beers came in cans particularly hoppy ones. Are canning machines dearer than bottling ones?

I don't wanna get into the 'it's easy to just take a 10L keg on camping trips' arguments again, because it's not and I'm right :), but Yeh, more canned beer would be great, it's just much easier for pissup's and camping, they fit better in fridges and esky's and much easier as you stated Aaron to clean up.

Normally I take the VB tinnies camping, but this will be a good change.

I wouldn't say its awful. But I haven't had it in a can either.

I don't mind it. Have had it a few times when I'm driving. Doesn't blow you away but very drinkable for the price.

The Australian brewery's galaxy ale in cans is quite bloody good.

So is mountain gate's summer ale (somewhat good).

There is always Kilkenny, Guinness and cans of Heineken.

I had Dr coopers or whatever it's called in cans at a music festival a few years back. Perfect for what you describe shaunous.

Camping trip, fun, cold beer. You can discuss the hop aroma and body when you get back. Context is everything. If I were in your boat, I'd be happy with anything from mountain goat to XXXX or MB.

Haha, yeh true Man-Tickles, if this is what your referring to http://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_905763/coopers-dr-tims-traditional-ale-cans I'd never heard of it, might have to phone Dans first to make sure they have this in stock, i've never seen it there, nor have I actually seen the Coopers 3.5s in cans for that matter.

I am taking Guiness cans, but thats not for drinking, thats to go into the camp oven to form the base of my sauce's. We take plastic cups, it would be an insult to drink Guiness from a plastic cup.

Hopefully the trout are about also. Mmmmmm

Coopers use to put a number of their beers in cans back in the 90s.

Draught, Light, DB :icon_vomit:probably the worst beer I have ever tasted, Black Crow,...........

Coppers Mild is excellent. It is my go to beer. Tastes much like Pale Ale.

Well the truck is packed and coopers cans are on ice, i'll give my feedback on return :)

Does that mean we won't hear from you over the next few days, shaunous?

Man, that's gonna be very quiet on here!

Maybe you can pick up Stu on your way to the tablelands so Austin can actually shut down the forum for some maintenance...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not a chance.....I am off to the bottlo for a $9 cask of fruity lexia and make me some more interweb friends......

Fruity Lexia!!! Rich. How come you aren't into dextrose yet?! Being poor n all as insinuated...

Yeah.....well I bought some home brand sugar and bakers yeast. Going to give that a go in an old ferm on the back verendah. But if I start it now it wont be ready till tuesday.

Back