Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Coopers dark ale hops suggestions?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Micks_Yeast, 10/12/18.

1. Micks_Yeast

Posted 10/12/18
    Hello, I would like to know what the most common hops I could use for the dark ale (I will be dry hopping) and has anyone got tasty recipes for this malt extract?

I'm from the central coast NSW so if there is something easy to get my hands on any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Only1MADMaN

Producer
    Posted 11/4/19
    Hi there MICK.

Just noticed that no one has replied to your post and thought I’d offer my very limited suggestions.

I’ve been brewing for 4 months so I’m still very green when it comes to the tech side of things but here is something I found.

IMG_3089.JPG

I’m thinking of this kit but using the Coopers Dark Ale instead.
    Replacing the 1KG LME for a 1KG DME
    No crystal malt grain.

Do a 10L kettle 30min boil
    At boil, roll off to about 80 degrees and add the DME and 250g golden Syrup while stirring it in.
    5 min mark add 15g (or more) Fuggle hops.
    Flame out at 1min
    Cool as quick as possible (down to about 25-30 degrees) and into your fermenter.
    Store some water in the fridge overnight to use when cooling the wort.

Dry hop a further 15g Fuggle at about day 4 and do a gravity test on day 7 should be good to bottle on day 8.

Like I said. I haven’t done this one or tasted it’s clone beer.

Good luck.