Coopers Canadian Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1kg of dme, 23 L, 1042 og.
Not really a metric ton - just a good session beer depending on fg.

Tonight I cracked a bottle of the Coopers Canadian Blonde can with BE1 from a July bottling. It's quite nice swill, but this was after a couple (or few) glasses of Vienna Lager. Nothing offensive about it at all, although I think the Vienna Lager may have been a little on the bitter side.

got one down as we speak. trying the blushing blonde coopers recipe but with an added twist of 500g dex to see a good alcohol content!

ajg said:
got one down as we speak. trying the blushing blonde coopers recipe but with an added twist of 500g dex to see a good alcohol content!
The blushing blonde is on my 'to do list'. It's such a versatile kit can.
Some nice Saaz flavour and aroma. A good base for:
Saison
Kolsch
Blonde ale obviously
Pilsner with proper yeast

Probably one of the most underrated Coopers cans!

peekaboo_jones said:
The blushing blonde is on my 'to do list'. It's such a versatile kit can.
Some nice Saaz flavour and aroma. A good base for:
Saison
Kolsch
Blonde ale obviously
Pilsner with proper yeast

Probably one of the most underrated Coopers cans!
still unsure wether to do a late dry how with a little citra I have, or just let the berries do the talking.

I brewed this last summer some time and came up real nice! For memory I used 700g of Dex and 500g of light dme with Nottingham yeast pitched at about 24 can't remember exactly and fermented around 18. Gave it a week after gravity stabilised to help clean it up at then crashed it for two days and keg, an awesome summer drop and simple brew too! Hope it's goes well

Abbey Blonde

simple kit and kilo , good drop

Ingredients:
1 x 1.7kg Canadian Blonde
1 x 1.5kg Thomas Coopers Light Malt Extract
1 x 500g Coopers Light Dry Malt
1 x 200g Crystal Malt Grain
1 x 12g Styrian Goldings Hop Pellets
1 x T-58 Yeast Sachet

Step 1: Mix

Add 200g crystal to hot water @ 67'C and steep for 60 minutes

Transfer the liquid to a good sized pot (around 8 litres) and bring to the boil with a further 2 litres of water and the 500g of Light Dry Malt.
Once at the boil, add the Styrian Goldings Hop pellets and boil for 10 mins.

Add the Canadian Blonde and Light Malt Extract to the FV, stir to dissolve then top up with cool water to the 20 litre mark and stir thoroughly.

Check the brew temperature and top up to the 23 litre mark with warm or cold water (refridgerated if necessary) to get as close as possible to 21C.
Sprinkle the dry yeast, and fit the lid.

Latest posts

Back