Coopers bookmakers pale ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I put mine down just over a week ago and it took about 40 hours to start fermenting. Spoke to Coopers customer support and they said unlikely got lazy yeast. It may be okay still though, just smell and taste before bottling and if bad on either then chuck it.

They also said they'd send me a care pack with some extra yeast. So here I was expecting a few packs of yeast in the mail and I actually got a full new Bootmakers can and 2 boxes of DME a pack of carb drops and 4 packs of Brewers yeast! Stoked.

Will see how it is on Sunday, bottling day.

HitmanAU said:
Well I put mine down just over a week ago and it took about 40 hours to start fermenting. Spoke to Coopers customer support and they said unlikely got lazy yeast. It may be okay still though, just smell and taste before bottling and if bad on either then chuck it.

They also said they'd send me a care pack with some extra yeast. So here I was expecting a few packs of yeast in the mail and I actually got a full new Bootmakers can and 2 boxes of DME a pack of carb drops and 4 packs of Brewers yeast! Stoked.

Will see how it is on Sunday, bottling day.
So thats what happened to me.....I wanted to use the IPA yeast from the previous kit I used US05 on.....and that mustve been the bad yeast out of the first new batches :( im going to taste it today again but I recon it'll be going out.....3rd stuffed batch in 5 years....thanks coopers :(

I'm going to do a hydro read tonight, then again tomorrow, and once more on Saturday. If all the same then I'll bottle on Sunday... If it's all good that is

HitmanAU said:
Tonight's hydro reading 1018.
Is that a little high?
Mine fermented for 11 days@ 20 degrees and the FG was 1012....way higher than I would expect :(

I've upped the temp of the fermenter to 18 as
It had dropped to 16.
I've also since done another reading and it was at 1016 so looks like it was stalled and is coming back.
It's now been going for 16 days. Still tastes and smells fine

So I emailed coopers support about this. They have sent me a reply paid address and want me to send them a couple of hte PETs since its a new product. They said essentially just send us some and we'll try work out whats up with it........hopefully they send me some beers back :D

Hahaaa that's good. Be funny if they drank it and it was so good they put you on the payroll lmao

HitmanAU said:
Hahaaa that's good. Be funny if they drank it and it was so good they put you on the payroll lmao
Lol yeah Im probably not that good at brewing.......will be interesting to see what htey say!

Mine has been stable at 1014 for 2 days now. Going to test again today and of its the same, bottle tomorrow or Sunday

It was still around 1013-1014 today so I bottled, got 64 bottles out of it with only a little left in the FV.
Hopefully turns out okay.
Batch number two this weekend I think?

Well done. I went to bottle my 2nd bootmaker this week and it's infected :'( I think my sanitation was slack when I transferred to another fermenter to cold condition.
Hope yours turns out well

peekaboo_jones said:
Well done. I went to bottle my 2nd bootmaker this week and it's infected :'( I think my sanitation was slack when I transferred to another fermenter to cold condition.
Hope yours turns out well
No need to transfer for CCing just remove and cover the airlock or block it and you are good to drop.

Sorry to hear that you had an infected brew... hard to take personally as it's one of your own!

Stu Brew said:
Mine fermented for 11 days@ 20 degrees and the FG was 1012....way higher than I would expect :(
What were the fermentables used in it? If it was a kit and malt extract then 1.012 would be pretty much bang on what you'd expect.

Latest posts

Back