• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Coopers $11.20 Big W

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
As the title says. $12.80 for the upper range.
Stout toucan.
Yay.

Seems only a select few sticking them these days. Which location Bribie G?

Probably a state based thing.

Nevertheless I see the base range for $11.90 at Foodland here in SA.

Yob said:
2 for $6 on Sunday at Ringwood bigw

FTW
I reckon thats pretty conclusive evidence of a product range being dropped for good.

Price drop also here at Big W Adelaide. Wouldn't be surprised if going to drop product as Dans has increased there stock/ range.
2 for $6 Yob, did you buy the lot?

WarmerBeer said:
I reckon thats pretty conclusive evidence of a product range being dropped for good.
It scanned as a glass or some shit, somebody fucked up but it wasn't me ;)

Na grott. By the time I realised I was back at the car, happy enough for that as a keg filler though :)

I wasn't going to post this, but here goes anyway: yes mine scanned as two $3 items after I'd sent the post (I posted the OP from my phone actually in the store aisle) and my total haul at the checkout came to $18 for two cans of stout, one of dex and one of LDME. Cheap toucan hey.

As usual I adopted the "smile and keep on walking out of the store" routine.
The evil Bribie would have gone back in with a cart and unloaded the entire shelf through the self serve checkouts, but the cautious Bribie just said "dont' push it, just keep on walking.." :p

So they've fucked up the scan code.
Anyway guys get in there and see what happens before they realise their mistake.

ed: the more I think about it, it would be worth $10 in petrol to Lismore and back to clean the feckers out.. what do you reckon? 20 cans for $60 would keep me in double-keg partials for a year and there's a lot you can do with a kit in a partial if you know what you are up to. :ph34r: :ph34r:

Ere we go, found the receipt:

0000101 300ML Bottle MM $3.00 each.

That code is clearly a promotion code, looks like they fucked that totally.

Get in there. And shhhhhhhhh. :p

I can see the bribie headbanger stout filling fermenters around the nation.

0000101 300ML Bottle MM $3.00 each.

Harvard Business School Semester 2 units;

Code Fuckups 101 20 credit points

Can confirm this has been fixed. [emoji20]

@ big w Epping and Broadmeadows. Broady has heaps of stock. Dare say now downsizing anytime soon. $11.20 for most and some premium-ish mixes like English bitter $13 ish

Sounds a bit like the Bottlo around the corner..

Has Coopers Pale, Sparkling & Stout for $6.49 each....

But the scanned price in $6.99 but the label says $6.49...so I get them for $6.50

Have mentioned it but they dont give a shit and give me the discount anyway :D

OT-post about pricing errors at WOW and Coles...

I always check the $ per KG price and compare to the shelf price of the meat specials (especially roasts).
There have been many WoW and Coles sponsored roasts recently.....

pay for the meat at checkout
head back to the ciggy counter
show them their error
get a refund and keep it free :)
ask them how many people have paid the overpriced price that day ?

I used to run a meat unit, lazy staff not checking price tickets is the normal cause.
Just doing my civil service

Woolies up in Brisbane has started stocking the Thomas Coopers range.

Brew A, Amber and Bootmakers. $22 so not cheap but at least they have a better range. They've also got BE3

Shame. Really good stock. Beats Dan Murphy and Woolies at Coburg.
Out of interest, anyone ever tried a coopers lager?

Latest posts

Back