Cool Room and fermentation Air Conditioning

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greg.L said:
Vents are the way to go if you live in a cool area and want to save money. I have looked in the past for 12 or 24v dc vent fans but couldn't find any. (if anyone knows where to get one let me know) .If you have power connected you can put in an ordinary ac vent fan plus an inlet to let cool air in, with a timer so it only comes on a few hrs in the early morning. Fairly cheap and easy to install.
http://www.rpc.com.au/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=fan&submit2=Go

your better of hooking the vents to an external sensor so they open when then temp is down at a certain level. also use an toilet exuast fan and turn it around so air comes in and set that to an external sensor so it turns on when needed to. a great way to save electricity.

note most toilet exausts fans have dampners so they will open on when on.

you could really use the stc1000 if you wanted.

The ducted air vent/extractor units now use in bathrooms to vent are great for sucking hot air from an internal fridge.

The trick is to remove as much warm/hot air as possible.

If you can remove the warm air from behind your fridge, the better and more eff it will run.

Anyone thinking of making a fermenting room / shed I have 2 split system inverter air cons one is a 2.6 Kw cooling 2.8 Kw heating the other maybe a bit to big is a 5.3 Kw cooling 5.7 Kw heating both about 2 years old and both are Midea $200 and $400 respectively.
This is my set up runs 24, 7 all year.
001.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    722.7 KB · Views: 151
Back