Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elmer.jpg

We have the same problem...Mrs Grumpy thinks its cute. (she doesnt have to clean the pool)

There is a product called Duck Off - I havent tried it but the pool shop guy reckons it keeps them away.

duckoff.png

Not sure what chemical it would be - but apparently its harmless to us but the ducks hate it in the water

As they say -"If you can't beat them, join them." Mmmmm no don't. That would me pissing and crapping in your own pool.

I bought one of those Bunnings hawks to scare off Noisy Miners that attacked their own reflections in a glass door from dawn til dusk.

The Bunnings hawk was useless and became more of a launch pad than a deterrent.

We hung some shiny metallic spiral thing that glistens in the sun and twists with the wind. The farking Miners shit themselves and haven't been back.

It doesn't seem to have the same effect on pigeons though.

Worth a try with ducks.

Last edited:
I wasted $30 on Rubber snakes. They don't work! curse those numbskulls who post such rubbish advice on a google search.
The shiny flickery tapes and such do work. Although relentless pilfering black birds may get used to them after a while.
Birds are so skittish so the shiny stuff in a breeze throws off changing light and shadows that startle them off.

Back