Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GrumpyPaul said:
Don't get me started on 40 zones. Why can't we teach kids, like we were, to be careful near roads and how to cross safely. Then the world doesn't have to go on slow motion just in case they run out in the road. We survived without slowing the space time continuum down for our safety....bring back Hector the road safety cat.
Because when some of us were kids they still had people walking in front of cars with red flags.

Seriously though, kids now and then have the attention span of a gnat. Although, just don't get why so many schools are right on major roads.

GrumpyPaul said:
Don't get me started on 40 zones. Why can't we teach kids, like we were, to be careful near roads and how to cross safely. Then the world doesn't have to go on slow motion just in case they run out in the road. We survived without slowing the space time continuum down for our safety....bring back Hector the road safety cat.
A lot less cars on the roads back then and cars did not have as many distractions inside or comforts, a lot more kids in schools, a lot more distractions for kids these day. You could also take the view that kids havnt changed but drivers have become less responsible thus the need for the 40k zone. I don't mind the 40k zone, takes **** all out of my day to stick to it.

40 kph is a small sacrifice for safety.
I actually woke up in a sweat last night after a dream about my 5 yo being hit by a car...... Not a nice feeling.
Not hard to do 40.
I set my cruise believe it or not !!

I believe the children are our future......

Sing along !!!!!

CF

All this coming to work sick talk. I seen guys given the arse for taking sickies. Let alone all the talk about laziness if they don't come in. What about small teams missing a member? What about casuals paying a mortgage? More of them than permanents in the world today.

I say if you got a runny nose, harden the **** up and go to work. The world's turning into a bunch of soft cocks.

GrumpyPaul said:
Except we didn't. The fatality rate was much much higher then. Just because you didn't get killed doesn't mean others didn't.

If there is a 1km stretch, 60km/h covers it in 60 seconds. 40km/h covers it in 90 seconds. What's an extra 30 seconds compared to putting a kid in a wheelchair? Even one single kid is worth more than 30 seconds a day to every single one of us.

ManVsBeer said:
All this coming to work sick talk. I seen guys given the arse for taking sickies. Let alone all the talk about laziness if they don't come in. What about small teams missing a member? What about casuals paying a mortgage? More of them than permanents in the world today.
I say if you got a runny nose, harden the **** up and go to work. The world's turning into a bunch of soft cocks.
Casual is a different story. I work in a small team and that's precisely why one down is better than four.
Getting sacked for taking a sick day is retarded unless the boss finds you down the pub.

ManVsBeer said:

That reminds me of the old joke......
How do you start an argument online?

1 express an option
2 wait.

Or...... light blue touch paper and stand well back.

US based Rant:

I'm a producer. I pay taxes, I pay my bills, I am not in debt unlike most people around me.

Why can't I get in to see a damn dentist when my damn molar breaks? Breaks Sunday. Takes till today just to be seen.

No sleep is making me a bit cranky.

Because the very people that would benefit most from universal health care in America are some of the worst when it comes to knee jerk reactions to anything that comes close to opposing a capitalist society that prides itself on a trickle down economy which has proven to be an abject failure?

austin said:
US based Rant:

I'm a producer. I pay taxes, I pay my bills, I am not in debt unlike most people around me.

Why can't I get in to see a damn dentist when my damn molar breaks? Breaks Sunday. Takes till today just to be seen.

Do you guys have emergency dentists?

ManVsBeer said:

You're kidding right, small teams/businesses are the exact environments where you can't afford to have people coming in sick.

If you're on casual and not stashing a bit away every pay to be ready for the public holidays and unavoidable sick days you're not going to get paid for then you're silly.

What a ridiculous statement.

wide eyed and legless said:
Dave I had that last week got rid of it with Bisolvon within a couple of days.

Agree with you brown dog but I am afraid the government won't they will be let back in and we will pay for their keep in prison, we can only hope that the Yanks will bow them away, as for the severing of heads and the crucifixions they have all the hallmarks of their Chechen leader Omar the Chechen.
Cheers, I'll give it a whirl.

May as well just have gone to work yesterday anyway. Since telstra fucked our phone system to render it incompatible with any form of hands free, the boys on the floor cant take calls and record messages and all the missed calls are diverted to my mobile.
So it was like trying to run the show from the inconvenience of my own home.

See. Whinging.

austin said:
US based Rant:

And our beloved government wants the same healthcare system as the USA.....

Not exactly a step in the right direction...

Donske said:
You're kidding right, small teams/businesses are the exact environments where you can't afford to have people coming in sick.

If you're on casual and not stashing a bit away every pay to be ready for the public holidays and unavoidable sick days you're not going to get paid for then you're silly.

What a ridiculous statement.
Well I was having a rant whilst half cut. I thought that what this thread was for :p

Any hoo, the reasoning is, while i was working with a small team we had to get the job done in an 11 hour time slot. 5 people: 55 hours of production. 4 people: 13.75 hours each of productive work in 11 hours. Everybody was already working to the limit to get the job done in 11 hours. I would rather some one come in with a runny nose and at least sit on a computer to take the load off. Everybody there did exactly that, because they know what happens when your already over loaded and have to cover for someone.

If your healthy, you won't get sick from other peoples "sick germs". You are breathing in millions right now. Some experts say it's a state of mind.

Maybe my Mother had more influence on me than I thought. She said you can only have a day off school if your arm has been cut off. I did buck her system by getting Meningitis though :)

PS Not all casuals get paid enough money to put away for a rainy day.

Damn, another rant.

ManVsBeer said:
Well I was having a rant whilst half cut. I thought that what this thread was for :p

Any hoo, the reasoning is, while i was working with a small team we had to get the job done in an 11 hour time slot. 5 people: 55 hours of production. 4 people: 13.75 hours each of productive work in 11 hours. Everybody was already working to the limit to get the job done in 11 hours. I would rather some one come in with a runny nose and at least sit on a computer to take the load off. Everybody there did exactly that, because they know what happens when your already over loaded and have to cover for someone.

If your healthy, you won't get sick from other peoples "sick germs". You are breathing in millions right now. Some experts say it's a state of mind.

Maybe my Mother had more influence on me than I thought. She said you can only have a day off school if your arm has been cut off. I did buck her system by getting Meningitis though :)

We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

As for the bolded statement above, that may be true enough (I don't believe it, but once again, we'll agree to disagree), but not everyone is healthy to begin with, I work with some older people and some people that have had bad runs with health issues, all these inconsiderate pricks are doing is puting others at risk, they know they shouldn't be coming in but they refuse to listen to reason.

I'll continue to tear shreds off them I think.

Ducatiboy stu said:
And our beloved government wants the same healthcare system as the USA.....

Not exactly a step in the right direction...
I am from the US. I was raised to be suspicious of government doing things that the private sector can do instead. But many years living here and in the US have convinced me that the single payer system is superior in nearly every way. It is not perfect, but it is cheaper, better and more humane than the clusterfuck that is the US system.

Cases in point:

I have permanent ankle pain and ancillary problems that will eventually prevent me from walking, because I could only afford the $5k plaster cast treatment and not the $30k surgery to properly fix a broken leg when I was in graduate school. I was living on $8k/yr, so the $7k/yr insurance plan on offer from my uni was never really an option.

Another uninsured friend in grad school had a bad foot injury and likewise couldn't afford the proper surgery. The resulting foot pain became so debilitating over many years that she eventually chose a voluntary amputation.

Another time I crashed my bike and got some typical "road rash." Some bystander called an ambulance and I got stuck with a $12k bill. Thankfully I was visiting the states from Oz on a work trip, and my uni's travel insurance covered it.

etc., etc., etc. Ask any American who's ever been uninsured, or known lots of people who were, and they'll have a similar laundry list.

Do NOT adopt the US model. It is a total disaster, with worse outcomes and higher costs by far.

Donske said:
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.

As for the bolded statement above, that may be true enough (I don't believe it, but once again, we'll agree to disagree), but not everyone is healthy to begin with, I work with some older people and some people that have had bad runs with health issues, all these inconsiderate pricks are doing is puting others at risk, they know they shouldn't be coming in but they refuse to listen to reason.

I'll continue to tear shreds off them I think.
Do you push old ladies down the stairs too?

Well as far as this coming to work sick thing goes, I need to pipe in and say it shits me when a work mate brags that he has 40 sickies up his sleeve, and that's because he always comes in sick and spreads his germs around the office and makes everyone else sick.

browndog said:
Well as far as this coming to work sick thing goes, I need to pipe in and say it shits me when a work mate brags that he has 40 sickies up his sleeve, and that's because he always comes in sick and spreads his germs around the office and makes everyone else sick.
Agreed, worst thing Labour ever did was to introduce paid sick leave..... :lol:

Back