Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am banned by the missus from watching any news on TV as I turn into an angry old man and wanna smash the TV pretty much every time.

spog said:
With utmost respect regarding Mick Jaggers girlfriend taking her own life and tour dates are in limbo for the concert,I fcukn nearly fell off my chair tonight watching the Adelaide channel 7 news when this took precedence over this states ( south Oz) elections issues as we still don't know who will be in power?.
Call me a Cnut if you want,but tour dates in question over political governance !. Tour dates? Faaaark me.
It's the Stones dude. ( :drinks: )

I've pretty much prided myself over the years as being someone who holds true to my word, I say what I do, I get there on time, I keep my word...

I feckin hate getting less than that in return, if your word ain't bankable you might as well give up... If it's good enough for me to live by its good enough to receive the same level of respect... Or so you would think

Not For Horses said:
I don't think that makes you the Viking king of England does it?
Well I am half Norwegien .
Cheers.. King Cnut Spog.....

@Yob - sadly, it's the right way to live, but the wrong thing to expect of others. It's kinda like you've gotta protect yourself against the 5% out there that are just pricks, and the 5% that might be pricks if the circumstances suit.

On a minor note: as mentioned earlier in this thread, people driving slowly in the right hand lane.
Drives. Me. Nuts.
Esp. truck drivers driving in the right lane. (FWIW, much respect to truckies - generally drive much much better than 75% of others on the roads).
& esp. B-doubles - you guys aren't ever gonna accelerate faster than the 80-year-olds in the left lane. So WTF are you doing in the overtaking lane?!?
And no, they're not getting ready to do a right turn - i'd be ok with that.

Got an optometrists appointment coming up.
I just know he's going to prescribe reading glasses.

******* eyes..

shaunous said:
I am banned by the missus from watching any news on TV as I turn into an angry old man and wanna smash the TV pretty much every time.
Sounds like you've got a good one there. She isn't German by any chance?

Florian said:
Sounds like you've got a good one there. She isn't German by any chance?
Haha, well yeh, but not close, down the track she is yeh.

Its in my own best interest to not watch news anymore, to many wingeing, useless kunts agrovate me, and im not even 30 yet, :huh:

I do however read VICE Mag, where real news comes from :p

Was talking to a couple this morning who were going to the stones concert,their hotel room in Adelaide was booked and paid for for the over inflated cashing in ripoff price of $400.00 for the one night,usually $168.00.
They have been told that no refund will be given and no credit for future use ie a possible later stones concert.
No refund on a service not used due to unfortunate events!
Honestly,some people need their fcukn heads kicked in, pack of arseholes.

Yob said:
I've pretty much prided myself over the years as being someone who holds true to my word, I say what I do, I get there on time, I keep my word...

I feckin hate getting less than that in return, if your word ain't bankable you might as well give up... If it's good enough for me to live by its good enough to receive the same level of respect... Or so you would think
Nah, just because you're on top of your game doesn't mean you can or should expect the same from everyone else. People have different priorities in life, you have to take people the way they are, that's one thing I've learnt.

If it's too much to take, then move on, but if you care about those people, then learn to live with their imperfections. Although there's nothing wrong with voicing your opinion from time to time.

spog said:
Was talking to a couple this morning who were going to the stones concert,their hotel room in Adelaide was booked and paid for for the over inflated cashing in ripoff price of $400.00 for the one night,usually $168.00.
They have been told that no refund will be given and no credit for future use ie a possible later stones concert.
If it's an advanced purchase rate then fair enough, they would have known those conditions on time of booking. But honestly, $400 is a bit steep for advanced purchase, should've been a best available rate, in which case they would get a full refund.

spog said:
I'd still go.
And soil all the linen.
Thoroughly.

Dave70 said:
Got an optometrists appointment coming up.
I just know he's going to prescribe reading glasses.

******* eyes..
Well there's your problem right there. Eyes are for seeing only.

Kranky. Its bloody hard to buy an HD set-top box with HDD. Every TV these days has a built in tuner. Mine doesnt. Bought it when 1080 was relatively new to the average household. Nice SONY Bravia, so no need to change it. Original set-top finally packed it in. Needed a new one.
Everything is either set-top only, no recording or set-top DVD/Blu-ray.
Finally found what I need online from Kogan. Paid the acceptable price. Gets delivered at what I rate as the latest possible timeframe before follow up.
Use it for 2 months. Our area has that whole DTV frequency redistribution thing happening on day 0. Day 1 comes and there is no picture, as to be expected. Press menu to do the re-tune. Nothing. Fxckin thing has had the driver pack it in according to the help chat. Now I have to send it to Melbourne for inspection and they will replace it if they find a fault. I said it seems a bit strange that it is at exactly when the DTV channels changed. Our other TV with a built in tuner had no picture at exactly the same time and I just re-tuned that. Co-incidence he said..
:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

My work mate has just recently had a bad bad experience with Kogan, with their Go-Pro copy. They did nothing to help after days of calls and emails, untill he went out of control on them with Facebook and Twitter, within 2 hrs he had a phone call advising of a refund coming and he can keep the dodgy product.

One of Social Media's few benefits

tavas said:
Well there's your problem right there. Eyes are for seeing only.
I'm really pissed of Tavas got to break out this gag before I did. Rant over.

Back