Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know Manticle. One of the great mysteries. One thing's for sure though, if Joey Ramone ever heard them, he'd have given every member of Fall Out Boy a hefty kick to the crutch.

Liam_snorkel said:
Watch real rugby instead.
One of the smartest things ever said on AHB

Rugby League is fukin terrible, i love watching the older stuff, when it shows the guys name and his occupation on when they are announced, and his of normal size and his fit, and or a big fat bloke thats hard to tackle.
Many of school fights started over whats better, Soccer/League/Union

Sorry, no AFL in Nothern NSW or QLD, well much back then anyway.

Yeah..League has become a boring bogans game...much like V8 Supercars.

Getting sick of over paid dickhead football players going out thinking they're hero's, getting arrested and the club paying the lawyers to get them off in court because " Your Honour, Joe Dickead is a respected member of the community, he achieves this by turning up at junior league by and being a hero"

shaunous said:
Many of school fights started over whats better, Football/League/Union

Sorry, no AFL in Nothern NSW or QLD, well much back then anyway.

Fixed that for you.

Just kidding, I've got no problem with the sport being called soccer, correcting some of the bogans at work is good for a laugh though, especially when you point out to them that Rugby is neither played with your feet or a ball, it should be called Handegg.

Donske said:
Fixed that for you.

Just kidding, I've got no problem with the sport being called soccer, correcting some of the bogans at work is good for a laugh though, especially when you point out to them that Rugby is neither played with your feet or a ball, it should be called Handegg.
Well, Rugby is played while your on your feet.

But I agree, soccer is the only game that they use their feet all of the time. Except for when they use their head. And also when they throw it in from the sideline. Oh, and the goalie, he uses his hands quite a bit. :D

Rugby isn't football, it's rugby... however there is plenty of kicking particularly when it's two Northern Hemisphere teams playing. and then there's rucks, & scrums..

Mattress said:
Well, Rugby is played while your on your feet.

But I agree, soccer is the only game that they use their feet all of the time. Except for when they use their head. And also when they throw it in from the sideline. Oh, and the goalie, he uses his hands quite a bit. :D
Soccer also use their acting a fair bit!! :ph34r:

I ignore all foot/hand/head ball games, whatever they are called. Boring as rat's poo, as is supercar v8 woos racing. So is F1 now that Bernie has totally stuffed it with his silly money and tv comes before all else behaviour.

The chaps with the real balls are the MotoGP racers. In the smaller classes they also have real ones, but they're still growing them a little.

It's the only thing I now watch, the racing that is, not the balls.

Moto 2 is where the action is. Man, those mofo's are crazy. First corner of every race I grit my teeth and wonder how many riders will crash.

Moto GP I watch because ummmm....... I don't really know why. Because they are the big toys I suppose
All down to bike setup.
I will say it was great to watch when Simmo was there, and obviously last season was a blast to watch with Marquez coming in and blowing up the status quo between Jorge and Dani.

So we are back to a 2 horse race (marquez and Jorge) with Dani fighting for the podium with the rest. Who knows what Vale is going to do? Earn some cash and do some helmet designs. :ph34r:

And the men with the massively big hairy over-sized titan balls are the real road racers. Love watching the sketchy IOM footage every year. The GP riders say they are crazy. I think it was either Vale or Jorge wouldn't do an exhibition lap there because it was too dangerous. Didn't stop Cameron Donald ripping around on a Suzuki GP bike. :super: :super:

So really what we're saying is that the ultimate ball game would be men wearing NFL gear playing Rugby whilst riding superbikes, on a field lined with bitumen?

**** yeah, I'd watch that.

I like to think of AFL as 'The Seagull Game'

You throw a red ball (the hot chip) up in the middle of them (the seagulls) then they all jump on each other and try and get it and take it to their end.

Liam_snorkel said:
So really what we're saying is that the ultimate ball game would be men wearing NFL gear playing Rugby whilst riding superbikes, on a field lined with bitumen?

**** yeah, I'd watch that.
Super Moto GP Polo-Hockey, i'd watch that.

Back