Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
Isn't it amazing how, when you're dying from flu and feeling like shit, you can still always muster just enough energy for a wank.

CrookedFingers said:
Sorry guys, but my MO is "if you can wank, you can work".
Runny noses and sneezing are not cause to stay home.
Chances are you will catch 'the cold' in line at the bank or supermarket.

Maybe it's just my attitude as a self employed tradie, but there is no such thing as sick leave and there is just too much work to do.( something I never take for granted BTW )

Soldier on boys !!

CF
FIFY

browndog said:
I meant the guys that never take sick leave and brag they have 40 50 or 60 days up their sleeve all because they come to work sick!
Yeah I know mate, I was just taking the piss. I don,t think sick days should be allowed to accumulate.

wide eyed and legless said:
Isn't it amazing how, when you're dying from flu and feeling like shit, you can still always muster just enough energy for a wank.[/size]
Being hit by 2 cars and laid up in hospital never stopped me, the flu has no chance ;)

AndrewQLD said:
Yeah I know mate, I was just taking the piss. I don,t think sick days should be allowed to accumulate.
I don't mind them accumulating, it's a case of individual responsibility for mine, if people used the bloody things as intended instead of extra annual leave or some weird bragging rights yardstick (really, who gives a **** if you have 400 sick hours up your sleeve, they aren't doing you any good just sitting there) it would be the perfect system.

shaunous said:
Being hit by 2 cars and laid up in hospital never stopped me, the flu has no chance ;)
Lmao,very optimistic .
Cheers...spog...

shaunous said:
Having Chemo one of the many side effects is lack of sex drive, at the offset I told the oncologist I doubt whether the Chemo would stop mine, on my second session he was going through the side effects with me and when it came to sex he asked me if I had noticed any changes, I told him that I had lost interest in sex he smiled as if to say I told you so, then he asked when I first noticed it I told him twice last night and then again this morning.

After reading this thread all week I've now somehow picked up 'the cold', which is pretty annoying as:
- I feel sh!thouse
- I brewed this morning anyway and usually like to have a beer post-cube to congratulate myself on all my hard work
- my tastebuds have gone AWOL judging by the iced coffee I had earlier
- it's the f@#king weekend!

As I see it there are two options:
- rest and take it easy, or
- drink some of my older beers I don't like too much but can't bring myself to throw out...I can't taste anyway and I will soon need the bottles.

So what's with the latest Wanky car models (yaris, Fiesta, etc etc) that have to look like a stupid goldfish trying to suck up fish pellets. Dickhead designers.
The Fiesta in particular looks like it's going to throw up all over you if you get too close.

wanky car 1.jpgwanky car 2.jpgwanky car 3.jpgwanky car 4.jpg

2010_nissan_juke_overseas_model_17-1019.jpg
Yeah... Agree, too many ugly cars to choose from these days...

edit - speeling

That Nissan looks like it's been modeled on a Cane Toad. Ugly doesn't begin to describe that one.

After mysteriously struggling with stuck run offs and sparges for the last few years, I've finally found the answer.

CUT THE MASH.

How simple that was, and I finished the run off/sparge in less than half my usual time today.

I'm cranky I didn't do that sooner.

Rant:

What's the thing with the masses of miniature horses around the place nowadays? The Manning Valley is rotten with them, taking up valuable space that could be raising burger.

You can't ride them, they aren't popular as a food item but probably go well in a Dopiaza, they won't fetch a ball, you can't take them to the beach and you can't use them as a footrest when watching TV.

What's the point?

I was about to write that one advantage is that they don't hump your leg, however I'm actually beginning to suspect something disgustingly perverted is festering behind the scenes here. :unsure:

The main problem is too many pensioners have taken to shopping at Aldi's and the like for the cheapest meat. There's just no money in farming any more.

The good news is that European enterprises have invested a lot of money into buying good grazing land in Oz and raising miniature horses which can then be turned into meat for their chain of Aldi stores. ;)

...also... miniature horses have a smaller foot print on the environment as well because they are smaller than normal horses

but then they fit more into the paddock.

Aldi are already test marketing products in their Homeland:

germany-europe-horse-meat-8c8540842b41d868.jpg

Latest posts

Back