Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it’s not about agreeing, it’s just about saying I can’t be bothered continuing with such in-depth thesis like discussion. I just initially made a few comments about the dairy industry prompted by an article today in the paper about a sale to Thailand. Now we are talking about invasions etc etc.
so please don’t use “competion” “supposed to agree” as an affront.

Ha, it wasn't meant as an affront, I was genuinely confused as to what was going on. I saw your long post about the middle class and sale of assets and responded. Then couldn't understand why you framed it as winning and giving up when I only saw it as chewing the fat over meaty issues.

Whether you get eaten up from the inside by a parasite, or completely overrun by a herd of Cape Buffalo.....same end result. And successive govts are aiding and abetting the parasite.

Ha, it wasn't meant as an affront, I was genuinely confused as to what was going on. I saw your long post about the middle class and sale of assets and responded. Then couldn't understand why you framed it as winning and giving up when I only saw it as chewing the fat over meaty issues.

No your wrong, your confused. You initially responded to my initial post #6169 about the dairy. So not the “long post......and responded”. as you state.

Sure, you're right.

I still don't understand why you're gotten worked up over a discussion though. Either way, all good mate, it's only the internet and Christmas will still come for the both of us.

So, this is the "continuing rant" thread. No one wins here, so I hereby declare a 50-50 dead heat between Grott and SeeFar. Let's all drink a beer!

Have a beer or two, give each other an equal rights hug, and get on with brewing.

Discussion/debate is always good and healthy. It’s just sometimes you don’t feel like getting into lengthy in-depth discussion over something particularly when it’s way off the issue that you started.
It’s a personal choice, not to be offencive or of confusion. Christmas will come and yes it is the internet but I don’t need to be told these things as if I have a major issue. It’s just simply, I don’t want to continue any further.
No offence, no confusion. I’m a happy chappy.

My slightly tangential 2c though...
Here in Canberra we have a number of suburban shopping centres where the economic incentive for the land-owner is to chuck out the tenants and turn the whole place into a broken-glass-and-graffiti art gallery.
If you own a piece of land with implied obligations to others, shouldn't you be required to honour those obligations?

Not liking the heat last few days. Also sending everything in my garden to flower. Not good!
It hasn't at least waited for official summer!

Same here in SA. Does coriander do anything else in the garden than just go to seed? Parsley no problems but can never get the other to give even a reasonable crop

Ha yeah, bloody coriander! never lasts. Too Slow through winter then gets looking bushy then bolts every time. Quick turnover thing, fiddly. Always gotta have it though.

I've had good success with slow bolting varieties. Heat at the moment is making roquette bolt very quickly but that is almost a weed in my garden though.

I've had good success with slow bolting varieties. Heat at the moment is making roquette bolt veey quickly but that is almost a weed in my garden though.

I’ll seek out those slow bolting varieties, didn’t know you could get them. And the roquette, bloody weed alright. Three years ago given a few seeds, now I mow the dam things.:rolleyes:

Back