Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to remove the blow off tube when I was racking my beer for bulk priming.
"What's that trickling water noise? Oh shit!"
Yank out tube.
"Why is my bench all wet? Oh shit!"
Science was in action.... and so too was the siphoning effect, emptying the contents of the blow off vessel all over the bench.
All the bench drawers now empty and drying out.
Hopefully the beer is still good.

Think i have just been fucked over by Firefox reinstalled newer version of Linux operating system and the next day it updated to there crap new version of Firefox.

My keg just blew :(
I was surprised at how genuinely disappointed I was, it was like someone just kicked me in the nuts. It was the best weissbier I've ever made, the yeasty bits at the end of the keg were the best.

Think i have just been fucked over by Firefox reinstalled newer version of Linux operating system and the next day it updated to there crap new version of Firefox.

[root@user ~]# yum remove firefox

Ah the good old days when you could order a refreshing drink without methanol, the cops didn't shake you down for a couple of hundred Rupiah to settle 'out of court' for riding your Honda without a helmet and you could get a tattoo without the need for some antiretroviral therapy forever and ever.

Same here in SA. Does coriander do anything else in the garden than just go to seed? Parsley no problems but can never get the other to give even a reasonable crop
Yep. Same here. Could be worse - I use the seeds to make witbier.

Of course, if you want leaves you have to grow coriander in the cooler months. Which is kind of ironic given that it's springing up all over the place now.

Last edited:
So a foreign state wants to buy a cattle station. OK? No probs, it's only a wee chunk of this country, in the big scheme of things, and the cocky has had enough of the bloody dust and flies anyway. Gold Coast penthouse here we come!

Then it decides it'd like the adjoining property. OK again? Still a small chunk, really.

Then, and I'm recalling Yes Minister here, the one about "salami tactics", they want to buy an island. Maybe not Tasmania, but let's say, Bribie Island, or Fraser Island. Do you see where I'm going with this?

And just suppose this country (Australia) is deeply in debt to this foreign state, and one day, as the banks are entitled to do, it "calls in the debt". This time it doesn't ask - it demands.

Why invade a country when you can just buy it?

Cubby Station is a prime example, the B.S sale of that made my blood boil.
It wasn’t the “land “ that was the valuable asset it’s the water quota.
Gettin the blood pressure up just writing this......****,****.

Cubby Station is a prime example, the B.S sale of that made my blood boil.
It wasn’t the “land “ that was the valuable asset it’s the water quota.
Gettin the blood pressure up just writing this......****,****.

Yep. Water

And the ******* useless QLD government at the time allowed them to pretty much take as much as they want in a contract that QLD basically cant get out of unless they spend have the GDP of Australia to buy back

Another fine example of government stupidity at work..all for the benefit of no one but the foreign owners of Cubby

Good job guys.

This is worth another few blood pressure points and a streak of fucks.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/pumped/8727826

The reality is...nothing will actually happen

They will keep pumping the Darling dry and not give up to ( and including ) 2 flying fucks about

Another classic example of the corporates running their own rules and having the Government being able to do **** all due to the contracts they pretty much wrote and got the government to sign.

There was something about a lot of jobs being created due to the irrigation.....which we all know never happened, but sounded fantastic when the pollies where spinning it to get elected..

Now as for that big Adani hole in the ground .....thank god there will be 10,00 people employed. Makes it all worth while. Its nice to see an overseas company supporting the local workforce by importing everything from China.

Viva capitalism

The reality is...nothing will actually happen

They will keep pumping the Darling dry and not give up to ( and including ) 2 flying fucks about

Another classic example of the corporates running their own rules and having the Government being able to do **** all due to the contracts they pretty much wrote and got the government to sign.

There was something about a lot of jobs being created due to the irrigation.....which we all know never happened, but sounded fantastic when the pollies where spinning it to get elected..

Now as for that big Adani hole in the ground .....thank god there will be 10,00 people employed. Makes it all worth while. Its nice to see an overseas company supporting the local workforce by importing everything from China.

Viva corruption

He's a prick.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/top-water...r-corruption-allegations-20170915-gyiq7h.html

Sure, he resigned.

Prob got a much better paying job in the private sector...like Mr Baird

Rats...ship...sinking....

To the lowlife scum who stole the ladders off my van last night. I hope you fall off one of them and are permanently ******* crippled. It may not seem much to you, but it's already fucked up my work tomorrow as I have to go replace them, and the cable lock you cut, and the tie downs you pinched. Yep I'm insured but the cost of replacement will be line ball with my excess. And if I find you, you will wish you'd fallen off the ladder instead of me catching you.

I still don't feel better, this may need beer...

Back