Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In all seriousness though, Australia's economy is being propped up by a ponzi housing scheme, with a personal debt per capita higher than anywhere else in the world.
It's not difficult to see where it's likely to end.

Last edited:
Well it'd be a good start prohibiting foreigners from buying up properties here. The fuckers don't even have any intention of living in them. Bloody stupid.

I’ll like this. I have zero issues with immigrants (I am one myself) and am pretty far left politically, but once you’re a naturalised citizen who lives in the country 10 months a year for at least 5 years running, THEN you can buy property.

It’s ******* idiocy to sell the foundation of your country to those who have no intention of anything other than stripping dollars from the economy.

But don’t the Chinese own both boots?
And the socks, and they're eyeing off the lint from your belly button too, to put into the baozi they sell at the Sunday markets. The Chinese that are now Grandparents out stinge the Jewish and Welsh stereotypes 10 fold.

The house across the road from me which is on a small block of land sold for $1,000 K. Bought by an Indian couple who will be pulling it down and rebuilding, I spoke to the auctioneer afterwards and he told me the only people bidding were Chinese, Indians and train drivers.

Is there nothing that can be left alone in the world of political correctness, seems like we are now losing BC and AD in favour of BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era)

i dunno driving 10/20 mins to a repleate LHBS is pretty handy.
in other news visit 4 from NBN - guess what, still nothing. hahahahha..
cnuts....

Is there nothing that can be left alone in the world of political correctness, seems like we are now losing BC and AD in favour of BCE (Before Common Era) and CE (Common Era)

BCE and CE is more accurate as it encompasses all cultures and societies, not just the Western viewpoint. Not really a new thing either, most papers published since the 1980s have been using BCE and CE.

BCE and CE is more accurate as it encompasses all cultures and societies, not just the Western viewpoint. Not really a new thing either, most papers published since the 1980s have been using BCE and CE.
I did read that, but it is only now being introduced into schools, personally I just regard it as a datum point, not as something which is to do with Christianity. I don't know if any complaint was made about the use of AD & BC but the Jews and Muslims say it wasn't them

I did read that, but it is only now being introduced into schools, personally I just regard it as a datum point, not as something which is to do with Christianity. I don't know if any complaint was made about the use of AD & BC but the Jews and Muslims say it wasn't them
I believe it was the Jedis. They're a pack of whingers.

Datum point is tha same. Someone just worked out it was a bit silly to base the history of various civilisations on a long dead magician.

Been around for ages that bce/ce thing.

Bit dumb but the one that always got me was trading the term 'disabled' for 'people with special needs'.

Datum point is tha same. Someone just worked out it was a bit silly to base the history of various civilisations on a long dead magician.

Been around for ages that bce/ce thing.

Bit dumb but the one that always got me was trading the term 'disabled' for 'people with special needs'.

Person/people with impairment/disability is the preferred term. 'Disabled' implies that there is something wrong with the person, a medical perception on a person/s physical disability. One way to look at it is a building scenario. Is a person impaired because they are in a wheel chair and cannot enter a building with stairs? Or is it the design of the building that is impaired because it does not permit access to all people?

Person with impairment/disability makes sense. People with special needs is patronising. Like my my mum referring to ugly people as 'unfortunate looking'

I always saw the term "Disabled" as describing someone who is "without ability". Nothing in the term implies a specific type of impairment - one could be disabled because they lack the ability to use stairs, or perform complex mental tasks, etc.
Or is it the design of the building that is impaired because it does not permit access to all people?
I was chatting to the missus about something similar the other day. Is a building's design impaired because it doesn't have a gender neutral bathroom? Or a bathroom for [insert recently invented gender here]. My daughter's daycare centre recently renovated a broom closet to be one such bathroom and I had to wonder, what does that cost to infrastructure on a larger scale..
I don't even have an opinion on the topic, I'm far too small minded, it's just a perplexing issue.

Is a building's design impaired because it doesn't have a gender neutral bathroom? Or a bathroom for [insert recently invented gender here].

My daughter's daycare centre recently renovated a broom closet to be one such bathroom and I had to wonder, what does that cost to infrastructure on a larger scale..
I don't even have an opinion on the topic, I'm far too small minded, it's just a perplexing issue.

Very good question MTB. I could go on for ages about gender but interesting context of a daycare facility.

I wonder if it is a purpose built gender fluid bathroom or if it is a unisex bathroom. If it was for gender fluid people/s, I would assume it would be for a staff member/s. Generally at the age children are just children regardless of sex, their gender is influenced by their social environment.

Latest posts

Back