Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I though you where going to say that they asked for photos of what you did not receive.

I've actually received that request before from a phone help desk. Person on phone, "How will we know what you didn't receive if we don't have photos?" Me, silence for nearly a minute while my brain threw up.

I've actually received that request before from a phone help desk. Person on phone, "How will we know what you didn't receive if we don't have photos?" Me, silence for nearly a minute while my brain threw up.
Should've just taken a photo of the empty box and said that's all you got.

My water filter is really noisy, so I called the company to see for a solution, the guy requested an email with photos of the install, which a thought was reasonable. I got an auto reply that arvo from someone else saying she's on leave until mid next week and will get back then.
Shite service abounds.

Last edited:
Ordered an executive (type of guy I am) swivel arm chair out of Melbourne. Arrived in excellent time however the arm rests were missing. Pissed off but sent courteous message advising of the problem.
They only replied buy asking for photos of what I did received as this “would help them fix the problem”.
Unbelievable! I controlled myself and have sent the photos plus a list of what I did receive. However I did point out that “it is a fairly simple problem in that the bloody arm rests are bloody missing”

Got a reply, sorry about “minor error” Ha, let them know the arm rests are far from that as they are structural to seat base and back. Anyway they will contact there supplier and have it sent “ASAP”. Well, told them not good enough, give me a time and take them out of their stock and have supplier replace that. Bloody idiots.
Just pisses you off with casual attitude.

Just moved into our new rented place in Melbourne (Ormond). Place wasn’t clean, garage roof leaks, ants seems to be through the place and there are rats in the ceiling and outside. Shits me up the wall knowing I busted a gut making sure the place we left was impeccable. Home brewing on hold til I figure out what to do with the rats and leaking roof. [emoji35]

Another NBN rant...

Our net has been ridiculously slow for the past couple of nights, I just ran a speed test which gave 5.9mbps because the kids Netflix kept buffering. I rang Telstra and their response was "Would you like to transfer to a SLOWER plan?" WTF?!?! If I wanted slow I wouldnt be on the freaking phone!!! I understand co-existance, peak times etc, but this has only gone on for the past 5 nights or so. Previously we got 18mbps or there abouts any time of day, maybe dropping to 15 or 16mbps. I asked about swapping to another providor and was told you can, but you will have to pay an exit fee. So basically, they cant provide a decent service and will charge me to try elsewhere!! FFS!!!

Another NBN rant...

Our net has been ridiculously slow for the pas

Annoying, but most likely not 'NBN' issue and more a 'supplier' issue, not allocating enough CVC/Bandwidth per node.
(though the NBN CVC pricing structure doesnt help the issue)

If you raise a complaint, then escalate via TIO you will be able to get your without the exit fee I think.
Just pick a provider who is more committed to adequate CVC allocation.

Just moved into our new rented place in Melbourne (Ormond). Place wasn’t clean, garage roof leaks, ants seems to be through the place and there are rats in the ceiling and outside. Shits me up the wall knowing I busted a gut making sure the place we left was impeccable. Home brewing on hold til I figure out what to do with the rats and leaking roof. [emoji35]
I feel privileged that I now own my place. Hated rentals and more so the agents with a passion.
5 years ago here you had to book a time for a viewing, put your name down competing against other people to get a place, prices were ridic, you'd have to fight for you bond back, and the agents had the most arrogant attitude. 5 years on after a down turn and the shoe's on the other foot, those same snivelling ******* agents can't do enough for you.

How do you know which one to choose?

dont really, apart from going with user reviews.
Whirlpool forum is a good place to get feedback

I use aussie broadband (https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au) as they get some very good reviews. FTTN, and only 50mb but never see less than 40mb on any speed test at any time of the day
Not the cheapest, but quick to add bandwidth when needed

They have a promo at the moment thats almost ended which gives you a free month and double data for 6 months (and a referral bonus thing, but that only benefits the referrer with a free month also)

I feel privileged that I now own my place. Hated rentals and more so the agents with a passion.
5 years ago here you had to book a time for a viewing, put your name down competing against other people to get a place, prices were ridic, you'd have to fight for you bond back, and the agents had the most arrogant attitude. 5 years on after a down turn and the shoe's on the other foot, those same snivelling ******* agents can't do enough for you.

Funny you should say that. I got talking with a customer yesterday who was was helping his daughter look for a property out our way (north west Sydney is exploding currently). First home buyer, and the block is an off the plan, microscopic 400sq/m, but hey, you have to start somewhere. When my customer started drilling down on on the finer details of final boundary adjustment from the council and so fourth, he was cut off mid sentence by the agent and was more or less told that there are buyers lined up to buy the property and you either want it or you dont. Rude. Cnut.

...he was cut off mid sentence by the agent and was more or less told that there are buyers lined up to buy the property and you either want it or you dont. Rude. Cnut.
Bingo! Same happened to me when I asked in the first property I viewed about the rusted out base in the shower recess. “Well, for starters, you’re one of 10 applicants...”. Un-*******-believable.

Don't hold your breath for that one to change.
The last time any Australian or State government got anything of substance right was when the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Snowy Mountains Hydro Scheme were completed.

Unfortunately the foreign investors keep the housing market buoyant, and people employed, I am sure Malcolm wouldn't like to see anything like foreign investment dropping off, that would surely sink his boat.
Imagine having an $800,000 mortgage on a property worth $600,000 after your initial down payment wouldn't bare thinking about.

Unfortunately the foreign investors keep the housing market buoyant, and people employed, I am sure Malcolm wouldn't like to see anything like foreign investment dropping off, that would surely sink his boat.
Imagine having an $800,000 mortgage on a property worth $600,000 after your initial down payment wouldn't bare thinking about.

BAHAHAHAHA...you could buy 3-4 houses here for that money...why the **** you would want to live in Sydney/Melbourne is beyond me... its pretty sad really

Back