Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cardinal sin.

I remember in the younger days cycling up Falls Creek on a cold bleary day. When I got to the top I was famished, there was One single pie at the Café. I says to shopkeep "you're a lifesaver, can I please buy that pie?" .. And she say's "sorry it's been pre-purchased by someone else". Ye Gods!! That was a soul destroyer.
I tumbled back down the mountain pelted by sleet and trying not to be killed by rich wanker Aldi and Mercedes drivers heading back to Melbourne after a skiing weekend.
Moral to the story, a pie should never be "presold".. That's a real kick in the guts.

You can't seriously be blaming the shopkeep. Clearly, as the cyclist, you were at fault.

Motorcyclists often weave dangerously in and out of traffic, very often within centimetres of other vehicles and also ride at insane speeds around town and on open roads.

A lot of truckies have a bullying attitude to other road users. They seem to have a 'might is right' mentality and drive far too close behind other road users. The consequences of a truck driver tailgating and not being able to stop to prevent an accident are seen far too often.

They also eat all the pies.

Denigrated. **** yeah.

Is that a chip or the whole tree on your shoulder ? ...cause your talking a lot of shit there

Just my experience over about 35 years of driving and witnessing how poorly motorcyclists and truck drivers conduct themselves on the roads.

Not all of them though, but enough of them to see a pattern.

Just my experience over about 35 years of driving and witnessing how poorly motorcyclists and truck drivers conduct themselves on the roads.

Not all of them though, but enough of them to see a pattern.

Well most of the ones I know are not, but they maybe frustrated that you cant drive so they are trying to get a long way away from you cause your probably dangerous in their view.

Time to to take the nodding dog of your back parcel shelf and put away the cardigan :)

Everyone believes they are a better driver than they really are.

******* tailgaters shit me no end.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Up our way it's middle aged women driving 4wd and pulling horse floats. They go 40 km in 80-100 zones and even though there is plenty to opportunities to pull over to let the long line of cars go past they just continue on their merry way oblivious.

Shits me something chronic!

I propose a "peer review" points system.

Every registered vehicle will have a laser tag type sensor which can be 'tagged' by fellow motorists. If someone's driving is shit, you 'tag' them. And if a car gets tagged more than 5 times by different drivers, that car gets 15 minutes to get off the road before the engine is disabled for 24 hours.

Every registered vehicle will have a laser tag type sensor which can be 'tagged' by fellow motorists. If someone's driving is shit, you 'tag' them. And if a car gets tagged more than 5 times by different drivers, that car gets 15 minutes to get off the road before the engine is disabled for 24 hours.

obtain-ford-17[1].jpg

^ Sounds fair too considering the recklessness that many idiots get away with. Idiots have to have an accident to realize and often its irreparable consequences. Not just that some people can do the most ridiculous stupid things, cause accidents and be completely absent minded or in total denial that they were at fault. Pays to have dash cams.
I'm considering a reverse cam as well and maybe a little sign that says. Smile For The Camera for those f**cking tailgater pricks.

Last edited:
Friend of mine had a special rear-facing spotlight, just for tailgaters. So bright it worked on them in daylight, too.

Friend of mine had a special rear-facing spotlight, just for tailgaters. So bright it worked on them in daylight, too.

I had some rear worklights in my last 4wd that could be used to similar effect although I never did.
Was on eastlink the other morning and watched some cockhead in a Patrol tailgating a plodder in the right hand lane( was doing just over the limit but not overtaking), flashing his lights and weaving. The plodder moved over, let him pass and then pulled back in behind him. The fuckwit in the Patrol then turned on his rear spotlights and near blinded three lanes of traffic. Now, I'm not an angry man, but this big teddybear would've buried that pricks face in pig shit if given the chance. I thank God I'm not in some position of despotic authority cause I'd be dropping these ***** like flies. Now, excuse me, I have to read the girls a bedtime story!

Latest posts

Back