Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

Plasterers and Painters Union should do some head hunting.

She looks like she could help out with a plasterers radio

images

Plasterers and Painters Union should do some head hunting.

Lubas striking attractiveness is skewing the numbers as far as equal opportunity goes. The RTBU best square the ledger by fast tracking some fat, ugly possibly cockney executives before somebody kicks up a stink.
(I bets shes on what, about 250k?)

250K would be about right just a smidgen more than the train drivers, though she would be working more than the train drivers 5 hours a day 3 day week. If she was leading me, I would much sooner it be into temptation on the other side of the track.:)

250K would be about right just a smidgen more than the train drivers, though she would be working more than the train drivers 5 hours a day 3 day week. If she was leading me, I would much sooner it be into temptation on the other side of the track.:)

Hopefully she can help to negotiate more than just a living wage for her members at some point.

All you need to do is a google search "illegal workers Australia" " illegal tiler Australia" "illegal plaster Australia " and that is only the illegals they give visa out to there friends a lot of it is modern day slavery look at 711 and CBA enabling the money laundering.

I cant believe how people who seem to be going backwards on an evolutionary scale turning something as simple as Democratic freedom of thought into a vicious polarized divide between Left and Right points of view. Practically turning it into civil war. What the hell is happening? :(

I cant believe how people who seem to be going backwards on an evolutionary scale turning something as simple as Democratic freedom of thought into a vicious polarized divide between Left and Right points of view. Practically turning it into civil war. What the hell is happening? :(

Some people cant accept racist ***** are protected by the first amendment. Thats whats happening.

They should learn to shut down free speech the Australian way. By refusing to print pamphlets.

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/ad-industry-rallies-to-say-no-to-no-on-marriage-equality

http://www.saynotono.com.au/

Some people cant accept racist ***** are protected by the first amendment. Thats whats happening.

They should learn to shut down free speech the Australian way. By refusing to print pamphlets.

http://www.adnews.com.au/news/ad-industry-rallies-to-say-no-to-no-on-marriage-equality

http://www.saynotono.com.au/

Stuff like that could be counterproductive for the yes vote.

I'd say there are a lot of people who don't really give two hoots one way or the other about this, but I reckon when they see one point of view being shut down, and also constantly being told by the yes campaign that the no campaign is going to turn it into a really ugly, bigoted, homophobic slanging match, before the campaign has even begun, they might be motivated to vote the opposite way than the yes campaign are hoping.

It has backfire written all over it.

I'd say there are a lot of people who don't really give two hoots one way or the other about this, but I reckon when they see one point of view being shut down, and also constantly being told by the yes campaign that the no campaign is going to turn it into a really ugly, bigoted, homophobic slanging match, before the campaign has even begun, they might be motivated to vote the opposite way than the yes campaign are hoping.

It also has the effect of turning the happily apolitical into poorly informed activists. Many who identify as 'alt right' in the US believe its simply a push back against the far left and groups like ANTIFA, BLM and SJW's (basically birds of a feather anyway) when it is in fact, at its core, a white supremacist movement.

Capitalism AKA "survival of the fittest" is incompatible with democracy.... the two things are incongruent.

The rich find ways to bend the rules.

There's your problem in a nutshell.

True that. Yeah I have to say the left really can seem uglier these days too. They cant seem to see themselves when they throw their derogatory hate and prejudice that they are free to throw and bash people with. Seeming to want to take on a duty of dictatorship with their burly big brother (Political Correctness) to back them up. Calling it righteousness. What a beautiful way to get away with bashing people for satisfaction.
I'm one of those people who couldn't give two hoots. I only judge by character of a person (or a movement) no matter what.
You can not dictate or convert a persons natural sexuality. Its been tried in the past and is barbaric. So for equality you cant dictate a persons natural feelings if they are offended by homosexuality either. Its natural. Or do we send them to the Gallows? maybe try to bend their minds into the correct direction? Public floggings perhaps?
YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS!!!!!! = Hypocrisy. Now debating laws if a church, or celebrant declines to perform a marriage to be convicted?
Ridiculous world. Then again its a way to employ public servants and chew up billions of tax payers dollars arguing about it all...:rolleyes:

and on the other side. That nutjob in America that ran his car into that group of people. Without reading any details I'd think it would be a safe bet to assume he would justify his hate for immigration with the core subject of terrorism.
Then he acts just like a terrorist and commits a terrorist act. Behaving exactly like what he hates :rolleyes:

sorry but this is the rant thread. Now back to that roast duck for dinner, yum...

Capitalism AKA "survival of the fittest" is incompatible with democracy.... the two things are incongruent.

The rich find ways to bend the rules.

There's your problem in a nutshell.
Survival of the fittest is a biological mechanism that's special in nature (species-ial: not really, really great). Attempts to combine it with social, cultural or economic theory are fundamentally flawed.

@Dave70 : while I've always been against shutting down opposing voices (even if sometimes I personally need to walk away), campaigns like that are not shutting down free speech. If leaflets were siezed, books burned, authors imprisoned, speeches censored or programs refused broadcast and punitive measures carried out by a state authority, then the concept of free speech/freedom of expression would be relevant. A company should be able to make their own ethical choices (as should a religious organisation on the other side of the debate). Both sides will get heard, let's not get too dramatic.

You can not dictate or convert a persons natural sexuality. Its been tried in the past and is barbaric. So for equality you cant dictate a persons natural feelings if they are offended by homosexuality either. Its natural.

Could be some point//counterpoint there. Sexuality may (I believe) at its base be biological or innate and prejudice or offence at something is learned. I accept that's disputable, but so is gravity if you get high enough. 30 stories high won't get the job done.

I've always loved the brown eyes/blue eyes experiment and documentary that lady in the US did with kids - fascinating to watch that behaviour develop. Discrimination can be taught really easily to kids if they think it's normal.

While I'm here, Abbott's a fuckwit, Turnbull has no guts, Trump is batshit mad and the plebiscite is fucked. Also, there's a bunch of NZ politicians I'd trade for the lot in Canberra. And at the end of the day, I love beer. [emoji3][emoji304][emoji481]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back