Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just go to Bunninks and buy it pre made

Of course you can get frames and trusses pre-made, trusses for good reason.
It's also still quite common for frames to be made on site and roofs to be pitched on site if the design requires a raked ceiling.

Still can't think of anything other than kitchens from Bunnings.

upload_2017-8-12_14-42-4.png

Like the way they sell Licenses to drive cars! more and more. The wheels of progress! Keep them turning etc. :eek:
There seems a shitload of people driving cars cant drive effectively, sensibly. Like in a coordinated way with the rest of the population.
Then that becomes the common. Aughh. Only way I survive on the roads is being aware of the reality. Its not cynical when its real. :(

Then brings the point that cars have to be driverless because in 20 years people will be so dumbed down that they cant even be trusted to drive a car themselves!

So true about the roads, and there are so many skills being 'lazied/dumbed' out of the human race.

When they built the house next door and doing work inside they did not speak English.

How simply awful. How would they have mastered how to not sharpen a chisel properly if they couldn't speak English and take Stu's uncle's class? Maybe the real reason Stu's uncle fucked off the education industry.
I certainly hope they spoke English while doing work outside.

How simply awful. How would they have mastered how to not sharpen a chisel properly if they couldn't speak English and take Stu's uncle's class? Maybe the real reason Stu's uncle fucked off the education industry.
I certainly hope they spoke English while doing work outside.

It wasnt the lack of english, it was more the "dont give a ****, just pass them attitude "

Maybe he could get a job with the government undertaking the testing for residency? Probably get a bonus for a high attrition rate

The place to learn a trade should be on the job anyway. Most trades are very diverse, you cant learn everything in a classroom. It takes years of experience to pick up skills and become truly competent. Usually longer than a TAFE cert.

Not saying TAFE is good and couldn't be improved on a lot but I don't think it's necessarily the place one would be expected to master every hand tool either.

Of course you can get frames and trusses pre-made, trusses for good reason.
It's also still quite common for frames to be made on site and roofs to be pitched on site if the design requires a raked ceiling.

Still can't think of anything other than kitchens from Bunnings.

I'm puzzled as to why my search shows zero results because there always seems to be plenty when I shop there.

Untitled_zps43hqzrza.png

Not really your first language either, I gather.

This evoked a loud chuckle from me. I liked your post then quickly unliked it to save you the sneer.

Agree with above that you learn most of a trade on the job but there are still essential skills that can be learnt from a teacher that has the time and obligation to teach these things that are not always practicable to learn on a job where time is money. Especially in this day and age.

Having completed two apprenticeships worth of trade school I've gleaned that there are basically two types of TAFE teachers. Those whose bodies have forced them from the trade and those whose attitudes have forced them from the trade. Better to be taught by the former.

Then there's the age old adage of: Those that can do; those that can't teach.

2 late nights brewing and now I have a cold. At least I have beer brewing.

Waddya meen? Hard enough gettin apostrophies into Australian pub names
Chinese plasterers exploited by rogue companies at two big sites
DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.
DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.

Chinese plasterers exploited by rogue companies at two big sites
DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.
DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.DOZENS of Sydney construction companies are severely under-paying foreign workers, including illegals, saving tens of thousands of dollars and escaping punishment by federal authorities, the industry's union says.

Source?

Back