Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favourite things about beating NSW is watching their supporters all whinge like little bitches and come up with every excuse but how rubbish they played as to why they lost (again). It's actually ******* hilarious.

A bit hypocritical of the Queenslanders to suggest the New South Welshmen are whingers about reffing whenever they lose (which is sadly most of the time). When they won in 2014 in game 2 my Facebook feed was completely filled with Qld supporters reeling over the gifted series the refs handed over due to their sheer incompetence, never had a game been reffed so poorly. I would have expected after 8 years of success there would be a hint of sportsmanship or "good job lads, it's been a wild 8 years but you got there" and a firm shake of the hand, but a wink all the same because 1 in 9 isn't a good record. But no, they were ROBBED and even though a few series were won by Qld over controversial decisions (and 2 that I can recall that were simply wrong calls costing games) NSW should just wear them in their stride because it's only unfair if it happens to ME!
2 blatantly missed shepherds in the last game. And Slater's hit resulting in the first try? Yeah probably a harsh call, but Maloney was a completely clown for even doing it. If he didn't knock him out of play we wouldn't be talking about it, so NSW supporters should have a good hard look at themselves. I've reffed games and I'm sure I've missed shepherds so short of removing humans from the reffing job we're stuck with occasional poor or wrong decisions. I admit I'm disappointed with it, but that's reality. WELCOME TO SPORT.
Ferociously fast game. Solid attack, some really impressive defence, and for mine a fairly shitty finish to the game which is not surprising considering who I support. Save for the final result looking forward to more of the same in game 3.

Ed: I don't mean to tar all Queenslanders with the same brush, I'm only basing this on 100% of Qld people I know and encountered when I lived there for 5 years ;)

As someone who deliberately filters all sport out of their news feed I have to ask.... Did some sort of interstate sporting contest happen recently? because otherwise the last dozen or so posts make no sense at all...

As someone who deliberately filters all sport out of their news feed I have to ask.... Did some sort of interstate sporting contest happen recently? because otherwise the last dozen or so posts make no sense at all...

Yeah, I think it was that celebrity foot race where that Samoan guy named Lance was disqualified for backhanding his girlfriend whilst high on coke, drink driving and taking steroids. Or something.
Its hard to keep up. So I dont bother.

Tailgaters! :mad:
I spend quite a bit of time in traffic and there is a shitfull behaviour more than usual out there at the moment.
Or maybe its in the stars or some shit that I've copped a pattern more than my share of it lately. Like every day this week.
Like a sticker on the back of my car saying: Tailgate me with a bad attitude and erratic driving behaviour.

These dipshits have no idea that me unfortunately being in front of them prevented them speeding through a safety camera.
Lanes full I couldn't let him through to get the pinch he deserved. He should be thanking me grrrr that f@kwit in the vx with a high viz top and a bad attitude and the rest. Some aggressive women drivers/tailgaters too! Whats with this crap?:hairout:

The problem with Aus post (from a mate who is a postie) is that 99% of parcel deliveries are outsourced to "independent contractors" at really tiny piecework rates. They get handed a full van of parcels and a day in which to deliver them. He worked out once that once you take driving time into account they have about 30 seconds per delivery if they want to get them all delivered and make enough money to eat with. If they actually get the parcel out of the van (which isn't loaded in delivery order) knock on the door, wait for you, wait for you to sign, hand the parcel over there is no way they can make their round and not pick up a bunch of non delivery penalties. So they whack a card in the letterbox and drop parcels in bulk at the post office.

Anger should definitely be directed at Aus post but to the management and their sham contracting not to the poor sap who sticks a card in your box...
Totally agree and that's where I've attempted to direct my complaints. Problem is twofold - 1 management have a huge wall around them and can't be contacted and 2 the local post offices just accept it all, pop the blinkers on and continue business as usual without realising their investment is almost bankrupt. I've given up and refuse to deal with anyone that uses them.

Hence Amazon you sheepoids. Whatya gonna do now? but the most hopeful job opportunities is
in the elimination of human skill, or shares in the progress of eliminating human hand skill.
Ponder that.

Last edited:
Oh, and not trying to have a go or anything, I really just wanted to undestand what you meant. Apologies if it appeared otherwise (and rereading my post I do come across as a bit of a smart arse)

What they are worried about is that Amazon sells nearly anything and has a price try buying something in Australia you can not find anything shit web sites and if you do find a seller you know your getting ripped off look at all the ripoff prices on ebay if Amazon offers free postage in Australia there is going to be a lot of closures by second rate operators.

The worry is gloomy forecasts that if Amazon achieves its goals could put 80+% retail stores out of business. Stores that employ people were Amazons gigantic stock warehouses will be operated by robotics. Lost jobs/work wont merge to Amazon apart from courier drivers. They calculate losing millions/billions in the course of eliminating most, or all competition. A rising monopoly.
People used to think the duopoly of Coles and Woolies were the big bad guys now they are threatened to be gobbled up by this monster as well. Interesting times ahead.

For years this state, SA, has always used the slogan "world leaders" in everything we attempt to do before we **** it up and that becomes the " world leader" embarrassment.

Well as of 1 July we are no longer 2nd in the world but "world leaders" in the cost of electricity, beating Denmark.

More businesses will piss off, just lost a recycling plant of plastic waste, 30 people. There bill is going from $80,000 a month to $180,000. The plastic granuals they were supplying is now going to effect other businesses and so on.

Ps. it's enough to make a person drink

SA did a lot of deals to steal work off other states its just karma

Big broad statement. Like what? Highest :-energy costs, unemployment, population growth, people and businesses leaving, people/families with power cut off etc etc.

And we deserve that? Now that does piss me off!

What a comment to make fellow Aussie?

o
Big broad statement. Like what? Highest :-energy costs, unemployment, population growth, people and businesses leaving, people/families with power cut off etc etc.

And we deserve that? Now that does piss me off!

What a comment to make fellow Aussie?
Tell that to those who lost there jobs when companies relocated to SA.

Back