Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a ******* " Rabbit Sanctuary" here on the edge of town....mind ******* boggles at times

And dont get me started on the " woa is me" mad cat lady and her cat haven ( which is a registered ******* charity for christs sake ) with about 100 cats

Please tell me you're kidding???

image.jpeg
Now that's what you do with feral cats in a wild life sanctuary. Wamsley was quite famous here in the Adelaide hills.

I wish I was...trust me...I wish i was

Rabbit sanctuary????? I remember when my uncle was the govt appointed myxomatosis dude.....they couldn't kill enough of the damn things, with their cute little bunny ears and pestilential numbers.

Idea: combine the cat haven, rabbit sanctuary, rehabbed foxes, and the numbnuts who think it's a great idea to do these things injside a brick walled enclosure, paid for by the mexicans.

Last edited:
We have a ******* " Rabbit Sanctuary" here on the edge of town....mind ******* boggles at times

And dont get me started on the " woa is me" mad cat lady and her cat haven ( which is a registered ******* charity for christs sake ) with about 100 cats
Cats make good tamales. Prolly good tacos too.

Haven't been able to find my glasses for a week. For some reason I'd worn them into the shower and put them on the soap dish.

Thankfully I have a good weekly hygiene routine.

From a previous report by you on showering you had 3 out of 7 chances of finding them.:)
Did alcohol have anything to do with you having your glasses in the shower? Or you just need them to find if? :question::rolleyes::)

Haven't been able to find my glasses for a week. For some reason I'd worn them into the shower and put them on the soap dish.

That routine is obviously whether you need it or not ???

This place is going down hill...pass me detol

I live in a state with no foxes - the idea of a sanctuary is a bit ******* weird. We have rabbits (in the state, not at home) and as cute as one can be, same thing. Cats with no owners/responsibility taken aren't far off. I have two cats, love them to death and melt when I even see a picture of one but keep them away from ******* native wildlife.

There might be a small fraction of goofy redneck, arsehole hunters but if we want to encourage humane slaughter for consumption, we should be encouraging more hunting (only catch/trap/shoot what you can eat) and less supermarket shopping. The ignorant shopper is doing more harm than most hunters and fishers.

I may eventually move to Tas - looking forward to buying a ute big enough to carry a deer home. Want to go halves in the butchering?

BTW I hope your photos don't include shots of your cats actually ******* native wildlife, you can get into trouble for that sort of thing.

"Farmers are also able to obtain culling permits to protect crops."
There's something not right here. Apparently heaps of deer, plagues of kangaroo, camels, goats and water buffalo in this country but in general I only see expensive second grade beef, pork and lamb in our supermarkets and general butchers. ( yes, you can get top grade but I can't get a bank loan for it)

Farming goats is the new black, so much so, farmers can hardly keep up with demand. I've never understood it. Sheep are vacuous, high maintence and ******* useless. Essentially the Kardiashans of the farmyard. Plonk one in the middle of nowhere and it stand there bleating until it becomes becomes flyblown and falls over dead, yet we persist in farming them. But do the same with a goat, and you'll be up to your neck in no time.
We should all be rocking mohair jumpers and eating mutton curries like nobody's business in Australia. Riding on the goats, back as it were.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-22/australias-goat-industry-goes-from-feral-to-farmed/7956106

You have a good point Dave. The quality of lamb in general has been deteriorating for a long time now and those farmed on lush pastures don't get to my table. (hard to find, hard to justify the cost)
However goat, dollar for dollar is becoming the better option and should become more available.

What about the fish Tilapia they say here in Queensland that its impossible to eradicate but its illegal to eat the fish why do they not start up some farms for these fish and could be eaten instead of Basa from Asia.

Do you know why it's illegal to eat? Carp also can not be return to the water but at least you can eat them

Latest posts

Back