Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Cant be as bad as the " Good morning" and " See ya " you get at Bunnings....every ******* time
Easily dealt with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFWeoxrhbE8

Stouter said:
Just a shitty way to do things and highlights that they need more staff on at the time.
I could complain to them, but no one listens, no one cares... -_-
No... It shows that whoever designs their work practices needs to do a refresher course in flow efficiency.

Argh Bunnings. I had one grumpy old prick completely ignore my questions. Kept asking and asking, and all he did was ride off on his mobility scooter.
Useless generation.

I remember going to Bunnings years ago and walking around for ages trying to get some assistance. Then when you did find someone they would say, "oh you need to go talk to Mike, he does plumbing".

Fast forward to the Masters stores being built and just walking from the front of the store to the back of the store I would get 3 employees come and say "Hello Sir how are you today, can I help you with anything?"

Now that masters is gone it's back to the usual shitty service where they all ignore you.

knot_gillty said:
And this is the issue these days. No gives a **** anymore, it's disgraceful!
These days you have to plaster your whine all over Basefook or Twatter. :unsure:

I refuse to go to our local Woolworths unless absolutely necessary as the staff of mainly young females and males give the impression they don't want to be there and if you ask anything they respond with facial expressions and gestures as if a parent had asked them to clean their room.

Our local Bunnings is great! But when I was down at Albury they always had about 10 staff standing around chatting and one person serving with 20 people waiting in line it was disgraceful.

The one at Ballina is great, good service and nice people.

grott said:
I refuse to go to our local Woolworths unless absolutely necessary as the staff of mainly young females and males give the impression they don't want to be there and if you ask anything they respond with facial expressions and gestures as if a parent had asked them to clean their room.
Our Woolies is exactly the opposite. The staff in the under 20-22 age bracket are fantastic, without exceptions. The over 50's are about 50/50 and anyone in the 30-40 age bracket is useless, grumpy, incompetent, uncaring and often rude.

Had enough of these

tm-1212-feat-fuwa700.jpg

Especially when it's time to over take them, even more so when the trailers are full of stinking sheep.
Nothing against the drivers, it's their job. But it makes for a long road trip when you're stuck behind one hauling sheep, then one hauling fuel, another hauling sea containers, and overtaking lanes are few and far between.

good4whatAlesU said:
That's what rail is supposed to be for....
Rail is too expensive. What with those massive train driver salaries and all...

Yep, and there's existing rail infrastructure there, but yeah....
Many places with out rail though too, where it would never be a cost effective option.
We've forgone many infrastructure and maintenance projects in WA for far more important things like new stadiums, metro water front developments, etc.
Damn the plebs, give them more Foxtel and fast food to distract them.

Stouter said:
Had enough of these

tm-1212-feat-fuwa700.jpg

Especially when it's time to over take them, even more so when the trailers are full of stinking sheep.
Nothing against the drivers, it's their job. But it makes for a long road trip when you're stuck behind one hauling sheep, then one hauling fuel, another hauling sea containers, and overtaking lanes are few and far between.
A mates old man who does a bunch of traveling round this sunburnt country told me the key is to get in contact with the driver over the CB and get a get a heads up when its safe to pass.
Presumably using your very best manners.

Latest posts

Back