Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand, the answer to me is simple. ******* don't go and see them at all, if they piss you off that much it isn't worth the stress. I've learnt, life is too short to **** with fuckwits, say **** you and enjoy yourselves.

technobabble66 said:
Shouting out a quick **** You to the short-sighted money-hungry douchebags in the AFL that decided to sell exclusive TV rights to FOXTEL.
Perfect night to watch a game.
Not televised on free-to-air.
Great way to expand the game and draw the kids in.
Brilliant move dickheads.

(edited) PS: Sorry to hear about your son, VP. Hope he recovers ASAP. And you get to an IPA very soon as well.
And whats worse is this year the view on an iPad using the afl live app is only 1/4 screen with stats and bullshit taking up the rest of the screen. So using airplay mirroring to an apple Tv is useless.

Luckily for me I use the AFL live app add on in Kodi on my Apple TV to stream live games. Ok so it costs me $4 a week but thats a lot cheaper than the rip off Foxtel want for the bullshit service they provide.

grott said:
I don't understand, the answer to me is simple. ******* don't go and see them at all, if they piss you off that much it isn't worth the stress. I've learnt, life is too short to **** with fuckwits, say **** you and enjoy yourselves.
Funny how that works

And it works.

Case in point, my old man moved house and never told me....Wonder's why I never visit

True ******* story

Ducatiboy stu said:
Funny how that works

And it works.

Case in point, my old man moved house and never told me....Wonder's why I never visit

True ******* story
That's tough.

FML. How much shit can go wrong this year?
Car overheats - new cooling system.
Wife tears calf ligament.
Kid needs mouthplate.
Beer gets infected.
And in the past 2 days,
Wife breaks bone in foot (same leg) cutting sick on a scooter (tripping over it while hanging washing out).
Hot Water unit ruptures.

To look on the bright side, I've got enough material ready for a country song.

petesbrew said:
FML. How much shit can go wrong this year?
Car overheats - new cooling system.
Wife tears calf ligament.
Kid needs mouthplate.
Beer gets infected.
And in the past 2 days,
Wife breaks bone in foot (same leg) cutting sick on a scooter (tripping over it while hanging washing out).
Hot Water unit ruptures.

To look on the bright side, I've got enough material ready for a country song.
Sorry mate, last line made me crack up laughing.

[Sung with a good ol' country drawl]

It's been a pear-shaped year,
I furken threw out ma beer....

and the song goes on. Pretty much writes itself.

petesbrew said:
[Sung with a good ol' country drawl]

It's been a pear-shaped year,
I furken threw out ma beer....

and the song goes on. Pretty much writes itself.
Country & Western = white man's blues

grott said:
If it wasn't for the Mil that's exactly what we would do. She had to move from Sydney to Victoria close to the BIL to be able to afford a retirement place (sold a house on the Central Coast which would buy approximately a quarter of a one bedroom place in a retirement home in Sydney) so visits to the Mil also involve visits to the BIL... Sticking her in a home and forgetting about her just isn't right... And sets a bad example for our kids when it comes to disposing of us in our dotage.

When she pops off the perch I dare say that will be the last we see of the BIL.

Bit of trivia Airgead. See you are at Hornsby - well I lived at Duff St, Turramurra, went to Warrawee Primary School where I was a "bin monitor" and dad worked at the Pymble pup as a cellar man. Pictures on Saturday matinee at Chatswood. Well there you go, memories.

My kids do their karate classes at Warrawee primary. I've drunk in the Pymble pub. And I used to go to chatswood to the movies as well (though these days the Hornsby Odeon is the picture palace of choice).

Holy crap, I lived in Hornsby and then Warrawee for the better part of 27 years.
You guys are making me all teary with long lost memories.

My rant for the day,
Got home and a letter from my Telco/internet provider states they have decided to start donating my money (this is an additional billable amount) to charities, unless I opt out. Good one Commander, I though I was paying a premium for a decent Telco. For the record I do pay the extra Flying Doctors donation etc on my power bill. But to be told they are billing me for their decision to do this... Time for a new Telco.

Go to a local cafe this morning on my way to work to get a coffee. I arrive with 15 minutes to spare. Order my coffee and sit and wait. There are already 4 other people waiting for orders.
Another customer walks in and she stops and serves them. Then another and another and so on and so on. 15 mins later and I'm still waiting and now I'm late for work. I ask for my money back and leave. I've seen this many times before at other cafes. I don't understand why they can't finish the orders they have first before serving anyone else.

QldKev said:
My rant for the day,
Got home and a letter from my Telco/internet provider states they have decided to start donating my money (this is an additional billable amount) to charities, unless I opt out. Good one Commander, I though I was paying a premium for a decent Telco. For the record I do pay the extra Flying Doctors donation etc on my power bill. But to be told they are billing me for their decision to do this... Time for a new Telco.

LOL...Commander.....

NO ONE uses Commander.. :lol:

Same thing pisses me off if I go to Subway. They start serving you, get out the bread, put in the meat and cheese, then serve the next person that just walked in and leave you standing until the other one of two servers finishes the ten other orders they've backed up.
Just a shitty way to do things and highlights that they need more staff on at the time.
I could complain to them, but no one listens, no one cares... -_-

Latest posts

Back