Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ScottyDoesntKnow said:
Nah not Suncorp, small tier 2 lender. Got the missus trying to sort this out, I'm working on a remote mine site on night shift at the moment. Impossible to try and deal with this till I get home. I got her to ring back and ask some more questions, like what date these transactions supposedly happened and with who's card e.g. would be a bit sus if they happened with my card while I was away working... They told her they would charge us $50 per transaction! to verify this information. That's when she mentioned the financial ombudsman and then all of a sudden they can email the wife through the details.. She just printed out our statements for the last few months and they are very different to what shows up on Internet banking. Calling the financial ombudsman first thing tomorrow.
You may want to contact the police that is what the banks do when there is fraud and for a bank chasing a few hundred dollars in doubtful transactions is going to cost more then they could recoup.

So this has escalated further... they say everything now looks normal after the IT department magically cleared up our account after complaining. Except it's not. And it still says we have been charged twice for a bunch of transactions over a weekend where they had a failed system upgrade due to power outage back in July. Apparently a small message on the home page back in July saying there had a been a problem with the system upgrade and their may be some issues was sufficient notice to manually take several hundred dollars out of our account 2 months later without any notice. We are still trying to work with them before I call the fraud squad. Complaint will be lodged with financial ombudsman. If anyone uses loans.com.au or any of First Mac's subsidiaries, I strongly suggest you check your statmements as they have told us we are not the only ones in this situation.

What is it with people that cannot merge. Do they get in their car and leave their brain at home. It isn't that hard surely. IT WORKS LIKE A ******* ZIPPER!!! A car from the left lane, then the right, then the left and so on. I've been abused by two morons in the last couple of weeks that tried to push past me at the last minute in a merging lane, both times they clearly were more important than me and that extra car length was going to get them to their destination hours sooner as it seemed very important to them. Both times I wanted to beat them to death with a wheel brace but decided instead to quietly fume. The older moron today with his wife in the car even had a second crack at me overtaking to cut me off to make his point. So if the dumb fucker in the silver VW caddy van with mag wheels who I encountered on the eastern freeway today is a member of this forum
1- You can't drive
2- You proved you are a douche by trying to cause an accident with your wife/lady friend in the car
3- You are a rolled gold fucken idiot
4- Even with mag wheels its still a shit box
5- You are really old so I guess you do need to get everywhere sooner than me as you're likely to die any minute now. More than likely in a traffic accident as see point 1.

There's a place in hell for those fuckers that think a closing lane is a private shortcut to pole position.
For the persistent pricks in their shiny rides who try to squeeze past when the lane is clearly closing, I just cover my eyes with my hand, hit the gas and grin feverishly.

ScottyDoesntKnow said:
So this has escalated further... they say everything now looks normal after the IT department magically cleared up our account after complaining. Except it's not. And it still says we have been charged twice for a bunch of transactions over a weekend where they had a failed system upgrade due to power outage back in July. Apparently a small message on the home page back in July saying there had a been a problem with the system upgrade and their may be some issues was sufficient notice to manually take several hundred dollars out of our account 2 months later without any notice. We are still trying to work with them before I call the fraud squad. Complaint will be lodged with financial ombudsman. If anyone uses loans.com.au or any of First Mac's subsidiaries, I strongly suggest you check your statmements as they have told us we are not the only ones in this situation.
First Mac hey? Yeah we had problems with them earlier in the year when they started taking money out of one of our accounts without our permission to put into our mortgage. It wasn't authorised and it wasn't necessary as we had an arrangement with them. But they still did it and it was a hell of a fight to get that money transferred back again, so we could buy pesky things like food. Bastards.

Camo6 said:
There's a place in hell for those fuckers that think a closing lane is a private shortcut to pole position.
For the persistent pricks in their shiny rides who try to squeeze past when the lane is clearly closing, I just cover my eyes with my hand, hit the gas and grin feverishly.
Agree and disagree. However what's worse is the numbnuts that try and merge before the lane closes. Creates bottlenecks and stops the traffic from merging without slowing down.

A classic example of this is the m5 m7 interchange.
When the m5 backs up 2 or 3 km people Go down the m7 entrance then put on there blinker and stop in the fast lane to merge to the m5.
It's really dangerous but when you honk them they give u the finger.

Young blond thing in a shiny silver impreza did this to me this morning (raced ahead and cut me off in the merging lane) with a flick of the hair. 2 Ks down the road she chooses the wrong lane at the roundabout, gets stuck behind a truck. I roll pass on the outside in my 10 plus year old, ex rental corolla with a wave i could see the steam coming out of her ears.

There are some power tools that are super fun to use. When you have finished the job you are doing you look around for more jobs just so you have an excuse to use the tool more. Chainsaws are a fun tool. Drill presses are a fun tool. Impact drivers are a fun tool.

80kg vibrating plate compactors are not a fun tool. I hope I never see one ever again.

Dickhead neighbors and there dogs,bark bark and they do **** all about it,ignorant lazy disrespectful fuckn slobs.
Yeah I've ranted about this before but....I've bitten the bullet hit eBay and bought an electronic dog fucker upperer.
The two shark bait mutts that sit on the neighbors back deck and bark at me as soon as I so much as sneeze will hopefully soon be sorted when I point the ultrasonic shut the **** up hand held zapper at them and hit the button.
I hope It works as the only other solution is a kick in the guts, that's a kick in the guts to the lazy **** of a neighbor not the dogs.
Faaaark I hope it works,bliss pure bliss.
And before you mention the Council,don't. There about as much use as a sore arse to a boundary rider

Ahh so much better now.....

Conair has to be, hands down, the worst film of the 90's.
Yet another appalingly shite film displaying how poorly Nicholas Cage justifies his pay cheque.
How on earth does Nicholas Cage maintain a professional acting career?!? 1) Can't act. 2) Fugly. 3) Can't act.

@spog - yep, sucks testicles. And not in a good way. Unfortunately the dogs tend to cops the hatred, not the shitty owners who are responsible (tho you obviously appear to appreciate this). Hopefully the ultrasonic works, otherwise ratbait in a steak might be the only other option. I'm surprised the council is so useless - even the City of Yarra would act on this, i believe.
"Ahh so much better now..." means the USDFU worked?

EDIT: on the plus side, Kate Beckinsale.
In any film.
*sigh*:
So Hot.
So damn hot.

spog said:
Dickhead neighbors and there dogs,bark bark and they do **** all about it,ignorant lazy disrespectful fuckn slobs.
Yeah I've ranted about this before but....I've bitten the bullet hit eBay and bought an electronic dog fucker upperer.
The two shark bait mutts that sit on the neighbors back deck and bark at me as soon as I so much as sneeze will hopefully soon be sorted when I point the ultrasonic shut the **** up hand held zapper at them and hit the button.
I hope It works as the only other solution is a kick in the guts, that's a kick in the guts to the lazy **** of a neighbor not the dogs.
Faaaark I hope it works,bliss pure bliss.
And before you mention the Council,don't. There about as much use as a sore arse to a boundary rider

Ahh so much better now.....
Please post your results, Spog
2 houses to the left
2 houses to the right
2 houses behind
Total of 11 dogs :angry:

technobabble66 said:
How on earth does Nicholas Cage maintain a professional acting career?!? 1) Can't act. 2) Fugly. 3) Can't act.
Not sure how he maintains it but I bet having Frances Ford Coppola as an uncle helped him start it.
Totally agree, worst actor ever.

The dog zapper should arrive late this week or early next and not a moment too soon.

Back