Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo6 said:
Pretty sure I read calcium chloride. I'd be interested to know which LHBS it was as I hope it's not the one I'm thinking of.
I can't do name and shame in good faith. It's someone's livelihood and almost any bricks and mortar Homebrew shop has to be struggling, these days. However I will be having a word with the owner.

Mardoo said:
I can't do name and shame in good faith. It's someone's livelihood and almost any bricks and mortar Homebrew shop has to be struggling, these days. However I will be having a word with the owner.
You're a good egg in a world of litigious ' just wait until I post this on social media' arseholes Mardoo.

Mardoo said:
Calcium chloride is a dessicant and is sold for drawing moisture out of air, in closets and the like. I can only think it's scented because its actual scent isn't what nice ladies who want dry closets want to smell like.
And dont get any ideas about using it as a dehumidifier in your gun safe, it is after all a salt, and will coat your shooters in a lovely oxidized brown scale as it rusts actions shut.
No need for 0.0000000000000000001% of AHB'ers for whom that information was useful to thank me.

Dave70 said:
And dont get any ideas about using it as a dehumidifier in your gun safe, it is after all a salt, and will coat your shooters in a lovely oxidized brown scale as it rusts actions shut.
No need for 0.0000000000000000001% of AHB'ers for whom that information was useful to thank me.
Good call Dave. I don't use any moisture traps as to me they only draw moisture into the safe.
And let the 99.99999999999999999999999% of AHB'ers save their thanks for when the zombie apocalypse arrives.

Camo6 said:
Good call Dave. I don't use any moisture traps as to me they only draw moisture into the safe.
And let the 99.99999999999999999999999% of AHB'ers save their thanks for when the zombie apocalypse arrives.
Calcium chloride scented when the zombie apocalypse arrives you will need something to get rid of the stench of rotting flesh.

I have found the old hoppes wax treated gun cloths work well to keep them safe from moisture.
I must get some more at the Ssaa shot show this weekend.

TheWiggman said:
Implies that there are at least 1018 people in the world, or 10 exa. Or a billion billion.
lern to mathematic

*insert engineer joke here*

:D

Is it just me or has 'lol' became some form of justification for being a rude ****. Can we now type what we normally wouldn't say to someone's face as long as we stick a 'lol' at the end? That way instead of sounding like an obnoxious prick you look like a witty coward. Rant over. Lol.

Mardoo said:

Yeah, wouldn't expect you to do it publicly Mardoo and would be pretty surprised if it was the one I was thinking of.

On another matter, at this time of year my fermentation chamber tends to condensate around the door seal trying to maintain 18 degrees in a cold shed. Anyone got any cheap sources for scented Damp-Rid? <_< lol :ph34r:

I keep air drier bead things in my gun safe. And i reckon they work. I wipe my guns with a gun oil rag more then i used to though.

Bring on the Zombies, ill ave em!

shaunous said:
I keep air drier bead things in my gun safe. And i reckon they work. I wipe my guns with a gun oil rag more then i used to though.

Do you empty the bag every time you wipe your barrel?

I just watched a haitus kaiyote film clip followed by an episode of 3am.

It's as if the cat empire fucked missy higgins at a hippy commune then re-enacted an episide or two from Nathan Barley but convinced me everything was real.

The idiots have arrived.

shaunous said:

10 out of 10 gun owners would agree with keeping your gun clean and using light oil

manticle said:
I just watched a haitus kaiyote film clip followed by an episode of 3am.
It's as if the cat empire fucked missy higgins at a hippy commune then re-enacted an episide or two from Nathan Barley but convinced me everything was real.
The idiots have arrived.
You do realise that you have the choice not to watch a band described, and seemingly with no irony at all, as 'future soul'. Nor do you have to watch any episode of 3am. It's not a rant, it's just regret for the choices you made. I'm hoping your choices were entirely driven by a promise of mind blowing sex or at least a promotion, else I fear it was all in vain

It just got switched on in my presence and I watched it in dismay and amazement that such a thing could exist.

Latest posts

Back