Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep

Tell them that you will take it to court straight up, no if, no buts. ( you have the right for the court to sort it out ) and ask them for any evidence they have to substantiate the claim

A letter of demand dont mean sweet fuckall unless it is issued by a court

If they do demand, then they will need to take you to court

I like the consideration banks, governments and insurance companies give to other peoples money, they are never the losers, its us the punters. Insurance companies are there to make money, we pay a fee, they look after that money, if we don't make a claim they keep that money, they don't ever lose. As Warra says the shit kickers at the bottom are not worth dealing with, you need to go higher and talk to someone who cares about the companies profit and loss, which we all know is more profit than loss.
Now AAMI insurance have their own panel beating workshops ( don't know why any insurance company didn't do this sooner ) they really do go over the car and check that they are not fixing any previous damage, a couple of weeks ago a woman in a four wheel drive backed into my wife at the traffic lights, when I took the car in the guy in charge of the workshop was extremely diligent about what they would be fixing, nothing more nothing less.
Glad you didn't tell a story about bank fees spog that would open up a huge can of worms. :ph34r:

Camo6 said:
I'm amazed one of them has kept his job. There are a couple that know their stuff and teach well but we seem to have been lumped with the bad one. Oh well.
Well last night's teacher is the polar opposite. Learnt more in 10 mins with him than 3+ hours the previous week with the barely present other guy.

You already know they're scammers spog and they haven't a leg to stand on so just echoing above - keep records, write everything down with dates, any emails or texts and if you speak to anyone on the phone, make sure you get their name.
What's the name of the insurance company? Happy to share?
Was your daughter insured with someone else?

Every time I tangle with a bank, Telstra, insurance company etc, I like to inform the customer service person that 'this phone call may be recorded for legal purposes'.
Its a great ice breaker.

Seriously, how many more people are gonna lose their jobs for the sake of 'economic productivity, rationalisation,global workplace, bullshit, bullshit bullshit......et al"...just had a bloke drop by to install a new electrickery meter. Turns out it's linked to 3G network, which means that some drone already sitting at A DESK can read your meter. Which means any meter readers out there are now out of jobs also. But I'm sure your local PM will spin how this is a win for innovation in the global m,arketplace. The plus side...I get a fancy new app which lets me monitor how much of the aforementioned electrickery my heat belt and fermenting fridge are using.

Arseholes!!!

And those meters can calculate on peak time usage. ....... Ie you get charged more at peak times. Thats why they are changing out meters

I will bet that your spark bill gpes up.

And those meters can calculate on peak time usage. ....... Ie you get charged more at peak times. Thats why they are changing out meters

Hey Stu, sounds like those meters can calculate on peak time usage.

Not sure if you've heard the news..?

Ducatiboy stu said:

Tricky bit is that it was the current retailer (who I have just swicthed from) who installed them, not the overiding electricity authority. Whic likely means that when my new retailer needs to read the meter, he's liklely gonna abe charged to access it which is more than likely gonna be passed on to me. Wonder how legal/ehtical that is?

Look on the bright side, the system is not infallible, I bet there is someone out there who is hacking into the system and winding back the usage.
Or you could go the other way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgKQihUEFA0

Asked about that possibility...bloke reckons their system automatically checks your meter (hourly or daily, don't recall which) to pick up any anomallies.

Wardcliff said:
Spog, is your vehicle insured with the same company as theirs?

It sounds like they are claiming the whole cost of repairs, rather than an excess. Is that right?

** I HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE IN SOME FIELDS WHICH LEAD ME TO WRITE THE FOLLOWING. SOME OF IT IS COMMON SENSE, SOME IS PLAIN FACT, SOME IS PERSONAL OPINION. YOUR CHOICES AND/OR ACTIONS SHOULD BE WELL CONSIDERED AND NOT BASED SOLELY (IF AT ALL) ON MY POST **

Firstly, I would DEFINITELY keep all correspondence and write down 'verbatim' or as close to it, all spoken interactions, along with time, date and contact number of other party.

I would invite them (insurance company/ies) to prove your daughter did the damage. Hell, invite them to prove she was even there on the day. Sure, she left a note, but anybody could have written that. Sure, she sent emails stating she caused minor damage, but none of that proves she created the damage being claimed.

I would presume the insurance company would have expected a Police report for the "extensive damage" done, particularly if there were 'witnesses or CCTV'. I'd ask for the reference (event) number so you can chase it up. It should list your daughter and her car in the report if any of this crap has in fact been reported to the Police. If not, less ground for them to stand on.

Ask the insurer if they can outline the details for their mandatory Internal Review Process, and their mandatory External Review Process, or if you should simply bypass them both and take your complaint direct to the Australian Securities and Investment Commission. Might not hurt to mention the Financial Services Ombudsman either, just to make it sound complete. (And no harm in starting to ask about your options with these agencies anyway).

Also I'd ask if the "repairer" who wrote the "quote", would be willing to front these agencies and say that the damage was even "possibly" caused by the same incident, let alone "probably", let alone "definitely", (which nobody could say anyway). Remember that each different incident warrants a different claim (and therefore another excess). Hence the reason these grubs are trying to get it repaired at your daughter's cost.

At the end of the day, there is no Police (at least NSW) action likely to be taken due to the statute of limitations. They couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that your daughter caused ALL the damage anyway.

As far as any civil claim goes, these teeter on the balance of probabilities, meaning the onus is to prove that it "most likely happened", rather than "it ******* did happen". From the information given, any magistrate should be expected to have enough common sense to see straight through this bullshit.

If it were me, I'd stand my ground and let them prove their bullshit story, rather than give in as the little guy.
warra48 said:
I'm a retired insurance claims manager.
What Wardcliff wrote is excellent advice.
And don't deal with the monkeys on the shop floor, insist on dealing only with the claims manager or his superior, on the basis that the monkey has no authority other than to mindlessly repeat their stupid demands.

I would also threaten them with a claim for your own costs (time lost from work, inconvenience, administrative, stress, etc etc) if they persist with their bullshit demands.
The same insurance company is unknown ,ie theirs / hers.
Thank you both so very much for your suggestions and advice,my Daughter has paid a $ 750.00 excess ( much to my extreme anger ) to get the issue done.
My anger is not at my girl but at the company purely for its complacent attitude and lack of action in relation to blatant ........
Honestly how can any person employed by the company or indeed any job be so blinkered to the facts and yet not have to steady their hand to stop it from shaking come pay day.
A sad indictment , sad indeed.
I'm not going to name the company as this is a public forum ,but I'd like to,the issue will be pursued further.

If the damage claimed is impossible to be caused then putting in a fraud report may be worth doing look what happened with the hire car company .There are laws about the conduct of debt collectors and they may have been breached .

madpierre06 said:
Asked about that possibility...bloke reckons their system automatically checks your meter (hourly or daily, don't recall which) to pick up any anomallies.
They want these meters to charge extra for peak useage and solar power there has been a prosecution for removing the meter in Victoria but that was for not being work by electrician and unsafe.With these meters they save on the cost of meter readers and with payroll tax would think that the government may need to put a tax on meters when these companies move to overseas call centers .

So the savings made by employing less on the payroll will "trickle down" to the end user in the form of cheaper electricity...right ?

"trickle down" don’t piss in my pocket and tell me it’s raining.

Back