Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 3 g broadband i have says that if it over heats it will shut down do these meters have that problem.

On the topic of broardband. Telstra charges me $255 a month for unlimited phone Foxtel with 2 boxes and unlimited internet at up to 100mbps.
I get mabee 30 sometimes mostly under 5mbps.
Check out the speed test screen shots.
I have complained but you know how that works. I can't wait to get nbn. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463296976.468617.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463297009.402676.jpg

I'm currently staying in a very small country town, over 2 hours drive from London.

Australian "Broadband" sucks.

YvYgEXPm.png

tugger said:
On the topic of broardband. Telstra charges me $255 a month for unlimited phone Foxtel with 2 boxes and unlimited internet at up to 100mbps.
I have complained but you know how that works. I can't wait to get nbn.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463296976.468617.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463297009.402676.jpg
my daughter was happy with her net and foxtel through telstra then a year ago the NBN was connected into her house (literally) so they switched but stayed with telstra and now their internet is ******* hopeless.

great work telstra, thought it was supposed to be better but as usual one step forward and two steps back ( yep i told her to flick them and go with someone else) useless bunch of dickwads

tugger said:
I have complained but you know how that works. I can't wait to get nbn.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463296976.468617.jpg
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1463297009.402676.jpg
"Up To"
If you're on copper (and usually even on Hybrid connections), the problem you most likely have is you're a fair distance from the exchange and you're having a decent amount of signal loss/line noise and your speed drops by the time the signal gets to you
This is a technology failure, not a Telstra failure

niftinev said:
my daughter was happy with her net and foxtel through telstra then a year ago the NBN was connected into her house (literally) so they switched but stayed with telstra and now their internet is ******* hopeless.

great work telstra, thought it was supposed to be better but as usual one step forward and two steps back ( yep i told her to flick them and go with someone else) useless bunch of dickwads
Telstra don't own or control the NBN (well, through force they do...), your gripe is with NBN Co

Sitting at work and just realised I pitched 1 rehydrated packet of notto into a 1.070 extra stout :/
Hopefully it hasn't really kicked off yet and when I get home this afternoon I'll rehydrate the pack of windsor I have in the fridge to help it along

Build it and they will come when did all these television download services start .

sp0rk said:
Telstra don't own or control the NBN (well, through force they do...), your gripe is with NBN Co
Not quite true.

If Telstra have congestion out to the "real world" then the prob is with Telstra

NBN backhauls to the POI's are pretty good. We vary rarely have issues with the NBN network, but if our aggregation link to the WWW is not enough then it will slow speeds.

The main issues are backhauls from the POI's ( which is not NBN responsability ) and the link to the WWW ( again not NBN )

Telstra are basically running out of bandwidth ( except if your a business or corporate customer, but expect to pay big $$ ) and the fact that they dont have much wiggle room part of the network fails

Ducatiboy stu said:
Not quite true.

If Telstra have congestion out to the "real world" then the prob is with Telstra

NBN backhauls to the POI's are pretty good. We vary rarely have issues with the NBN network, but if our aggregation link to the WWW is not enough then it will slow speeds.

The main issues are backhauls from the POI's ( which is not NBN responsability ) and the link to the WWW ( again not NBN )

Telstra are basically running out of bandwidth ( except if your a business or corporate customer, but expect to pay big $$ ) and the fact that they dont have much wiggle room part of the network fails
Telstra aren't the only ones with the links, TPG, PIPE and a few others have them too, but we're not blaming them

Y'all think your internet is slow. Try living on a farm trying to run a business.

sp0rk said:
Telstra aren't the only ones with the links, TPG, PIPE and a few others have them too, but we're not blaming them
no but the others are not supplying the service here, it's effin telstra otherwise the beef would be with some else

edit
you a part owner in them spork most useles........

shaunous said:
Y'all think your internet is slow. Try living on a farm trying to run a business.
You can get 25MBs NBN Fixed wireless at your place. Faster than my ADSL in town

niftinev said:
no but the others are not supplying the service here, it's effin telstra otherwise the beef would be with some else

edit
you a part owner in them spork most useles........
Used to work for them, I know just a little bit about telecommunication networks...

Back