Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are looking into legal action be careful who you get to represent you there are a lot of poor quality incompetent people in the legal profession and its all money driven the courts can be very slow and you get the impression they want you to settle out of court and if you do not the cost is the penalty.

Thanks all for your replies. Sometimes it's good just to get it out there. We are going to get legal advice and are also following up with Fair Work Australia. As I said, legally they have done nothing wrong, but as this isn't the first time it has happened we are hoping that will be the first nail in the coffin for them.

Until then, my wonderful girlfriend will keep applying for jobs and we will continue battling on.

These knob jockies won't get the better of us.

The new Food Network channel of Free-to-Air = great.

The excessive proportion of US food programs, hosted by obese american douchebags = v fkn annoying.

Admittedly the yanks do some great BBQ food (Man Fire Food is great), so i'm ok with that.

Actually, maybe it's more the ********* thing than the obese thing. If i watch that overstuffed dickhead on Diners Drive-ins & Dives with the bleach-blonde spiky hair dropping dude comments all over whatever dude food he's presenting, i'm gonna go punch a puppy. He wears his sunglasses ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD while filming in kitchens FFS!!

technobabble66 said:
The new Food Network channel of Free-to-Air = great.

The excessive proportion of US food programs, hosted by obese american douchebags = v fkn annoying.

Admittedly the yanks do some great BBQ food (Man Fire Food is great), so i'm ok with that.

Actually, maybe it's more the ********* thing than the obese thing. If i watch that overstuffed dickhead on Diners Drive-ins & Dives with the bleach-blonde spiky hair dropping dude comments all over whatever dude food he's presenting, i'm gonna go punch a puppy. He wears his sunglasses ON THE BACK OF HIS HEAD while filming in kitchens FFS!!
I'm more a Euro food network man myself.
James Martin
Nigella
Antonio Carluccio
Raymond Blanc
Rick stein etc.
Locally, eventhe delightful Maeve O'meara or Luke Nguyen.
Great shows, as much about the scenery sometimes as the cooking.

Man vs Food?
Who the hell thinks watching some fat ******* loudmouth stuff his guts to the point nausea while a bunch of yokels hoot and holler makes for good viewing?
If I were American, I'd be embarrassed.

Tahoose said:
Got one email back, it wasn't favourable but at least it was communication.
I can't believe you often don't even get a reply, reflects so badly on that company / business. Says a lot about why you probably don't want to work for them. After all you've taken your time to apply it's just polite if nothing else.
Good luck with the job hunting.

Dave70 said:
I'm more a Euro food network man myself.
James Martin
Nigella
Antonio Carluccio
Raymond Blanc
Rick stein etc.
Locally, eventhe delightful Maeve O'meara or Luke Nguyen.
Great shows, as much about the scenery sometimes as the cooking.

Man vs Food?
Who the hell thinks watching some fat ******* loudmouth stuff his guts to the point nausea while a bunch of yokels hoot and holler makes for good viewing?
Your post made me think of Keith Floyd who was on tv over here last week so I quickly looked him up on the net only to find out he died in 2009. Some of his shows were good to watch, very laid back and full of booze most of the time I think :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/6193862/Keith-Floyd-died-hours-after-lunch-to-celebrate-cancer-all-clear.html

Dave70 said:
Man vs Food?
I dont mind some of his shows

Anthony Bourdain is my fav, He swears and drinks and stuff

Ducatiboy stu said:
I dont mind some of his shows

Anthony Bourdain is my fav, He swears and drinks and stuff
Not playing the man mind you, Adam is a likable fellow. But obviously a theres more to him than meets the eye..

http://www.grubstreet.com/2015/07/anthony-bourdain-man-versus-food-isis.html

The show confirms their worst suspicions—that Americans are fat, lazy, slothful, wasteful. I know what he’s thinking, ‘America is a terrible place. I want to join ISIS.’

Nullnvoid said:
Thanks all for your replies. Sometimes it's good just to get it out there. We are going to get legal advice and are also following up with Fair Work Australia. As I said, legally they have done nothing wrong, but as this isn't the first time it has happened we are hoping that will be the first nail in the coffin for them.

Until then, my wonderful girlfriend will keep applying for jobs and we will continue battling on.

All the best for yours and you,don't back down which I get from your posts you are serious about .
F me if I don't get cranky when people get screwed over.....makes me bloody angry............

real_beer said:
Your post made me think of Keith Floyd who was on tv over here last week so I quickly looked him up on the net only to find out he died in 2009. Some of his shows were good to watch, very laid back and full of booze most of the time I think :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/6193862/Keith-Floyd-died-hours-after-lunch-to-celebrate-cancer-all-clear.html
So many of these hardcore foodies share that 'deny myself nothing' outlook and zest for life. Its infectious.

Dave70 said:
So many of these hardcore foodies share that 'deny myself nothing' outlook and zest for life. Its infectious.
Yep

article-2275086-175B4904000005DC-429_634x819.jpg

What a pity that there are a " thousand" food/ cooking shows on TV that are rammed down our throats ,yet SFA about throat lubricant .

BEER !
Craft beer,home brewing....Ahh, It's totally non P C.

+1 for Anthony Bourdain- No Reservations was a great series.
It's a shame that it's been quite a while since Nigella could fit in the dress above......

Cheers,
RB

Nullnvoid said:

Just terrible mate, hopefully she gets a better job with more money.

With the original 12 month continuing contract what were the conditions did they dot the i's and cross the t's have a look at "A forged signature on his Gold Coast Titans playing contract has left Dally M centre-of-the-year James Roberts a free agent" they think they are so good and make stupid mistakes..

When the f*** did it become acceptable to use 'either' as a conjunction before more than 2 given alternatives? I feel its sh*t like this that going to turn me into a prematurely grumpy old man. Or already has

Bridges said:
I can't believe you often don't even get a reply, reflects so badly on that company / business. Says a lot about why you probably don't want to work for them. After all you've taken your time to apply it's just polite if nothing else.
Good luck with the job hunting.
Thanks, I'm sure I'll get something that is the right fit.

Latest posts

Back