Continuing Rant Thread - Get it Off Ya Chest here

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True Liam but wrong, the works been done, wages have been paid if only suppliers could man up in unison and demand COD I know it would never happen but money has to be kept moving, I do believe some of the big stores in the UK do cheque runs once or twice a year.
Also what Dave said was right ASIC is just a waste of government money, a friend of mine got caught for a bit of money just a few hundred dollars, but the guy stayed in the same factory, got a business name which was almost the same as the company name which had gone into liquidation and it was the 3 rd time he had done this, ASIC didn't do anything, on the creditors list was even the milkman for about $25.00, he never even paid that.

oh yeah it's completely wrong I agree. The buyer calling the shots, if you don't comply they'll just move onto the next producer.

Same with the banks, they call the shots now, all because of the plastic, if everyone got paid real cash the banks would be on the back foot touting for business instead of ripping us all off, the best thing that could happen to the banks was credit cards and debit cards, they are laughing all the way to the bank and home again, especially when people don't pay their credit cards debts on time.
A woman was on the phone yesterday to a radio station here in Melbourne complaining that she went to draw some cash out of her savings account and got charged $2.50 for the privilege!

wide eyed and legless said:
It isn't just for me, he has threatened my sister in law not to put a caveat on the house because he needs the proceeds of the sale of the house to help pay his debts, I haven't got the list of creditors yet and I don't know which tax he owes ATO.

I nearly got caught for an $18,000 debt but managed to get $15,000 of that before the customer went under, after that I put a $2000 credit limit on everyone I dealt with if they wanted more they paid the money owing and that worked. But what I always failed to see is, if you supply goods or services or both how come the buyer gets 30 days credit, which as you know doubles if purchased at the beginning of the month, it is an out dated method of doing business, I had one customer who owed me money when I rang him he said his terms were 90 days! How the **** does a purchaser make up the terms for his purchase?
If his business is in the hands of receivers / liquidators, that's illegal. Its preferential payment and the creditors can be forced by law to repay the money if its discovered. Its generally secured creditors / employees / ATO that get paid first.
Had an almost identical situation in March this year. The particular cocksucker in that case basically filed for personal bankruptcy - since no assets were under his name he was sweet - and now enjoys a nice paying job with a company car as a consultant.
It stinks.

I think in the cocksuckers case he would only be allowed to earn a certain amount and once it goes over that he is obliged to use that money to pay his creditors,but as mentioned previously who will enforce it, ombudsmen are a waste of time, it is too much hard work for them to make bankrupts pay up.
Unlike banks small businesses don't put a surcharge on their costs to the consumer to cover bad debts.

malt & barley blues said:
I think in the cocksuckers case he would only be allowed to earn a certain amount and once it goes over that he is obliged to use that money to pay his creditors,but as mentioned previously who will enforce it, ombudsmen are a waste of time, it is too much hard work for them to make bankrupts pay up.
Unlike banks small businesses don't put a surcharge on their costs to the consumer to cover bad debts.
Nope, don't work like child support sadly. As a lowly creditor, basically the only consolation is writing off the debt and claiming the deduction at tax time. Whoopee..

On the upside the cocksucker won't get credit for a long time .

spog said:
On the upside the cocksucker won't get credit for a long time .
One of his former employees who got shafted for around two years super, overtime and entitlements fronted him and punched him across the car park.
Credit where credit is due.

Anyone had someone else set up an ebay account in their name and buy a heap of shit then get it closed down, then receive a letter from a debt collector saying you owe them money as ebay has passed it onto them.

Try and explain that to a debt collector, even when ebay has confirmed it was an illegal account and you personally owe nothing.

Fukin fun stuff i tell you.

Pretty shit joke if it is.

but no, tis for reals, and apparently happens a bit.

One of his former employees who got shafted for around two years super, overtime and entitlements fronted him and punched him across the car park.
Credit where credit is due.[/quote
Ahh the good old days,or not.Sadly too many weaklings go to the Police when payback comes a knocking.

So I managed to get myself banned from the chef Pete Evans facebook page tonight. Logic is apparently against the rules. Wankers.

I want to buy a new acoustic guitar, tried to visit a local-ish music store as they had a couple of models I was interested in trying out, half hour drive later 4:15 friday arvo the place is shut. ****! Who shuts a shop then. No sign or anything, so I ring them a bit upset leave a message saying I'm dissapointed I was interested in this guitar can you let me know when you are open and my mobile number.
1:49am this morning, fast asleep I get a call on my mobile, answer thinking the worst only to cop an ear full of abuse and swearing. I answer with "can I help you??" More abuse and swearing so I hang up.
This morning I google the number and it is the mobile of the guy who owns the music store and school associated with it.
What in the ******* ****! I figure I must have got an employee in trouble for pissing off early on a friday or something so I ring him and he deny's everything says he was at a function at that time last night, and has a go at me for telling him he needs to be more careful as this could negatively affect his business. Quote (best as I can remember) "Don't tell me how I should look after my phone or my business" Alternates between denials and having a go at me until I tell him there will be crap reviews all over the internet if you don't listen to what I'm telling you and think about how it looks from my end. Eventually got a half arsed crappy apology of sorts out of him.

Anywho I now know where I won't be buying a guitar, or strings, or sending my kids for lessons. What a douche...

Rant over...

P.S. Just to make it clear the store near me in question wasn't in Greensborough.

Bridges said:
I want to buy a new acoustic guitar, tried to visit a local-ish music store as they had a couple of models I was interested in trying out, half hour drive later 4:15 friday arvo the place is shut. ****! Who shuts a shop then. No sign or anything, so I ring them a bit upset leave a message saying I'm dissapointed I was interested in this guitar can you let me know when you are open and my mobile number.
1:49am this morning, fast asleep I get a call on my mobile, answer thinking the worst only to cop an ear full of abuse and swearing. I answer with "can I help you??" More abuse and swearing so I hang up.
This morning I google the number and it is the mobile of the guy who owns the music store and school associated with it.
What in the ******* ****! I figure I must have got an employee in trouble for pissing off early on a friday or something so I ring him and he deny's everything says he was at a function at that time last night, and has a go at me for telling him he needs to be more careful as this could negatively affect his business. Quote (best as I can remember) "Don't tell me how I should look after my phone or my business" Alternates between denials and having a go at me until I tell him there will be crap reviews all over the internet if you don't listen to what I'm telling you and think about how it looks from my end. Eventually got a half arsed crappy apology of sorts out of him.

Anywho I now know where I won't be buying a guitar, or strings, or sending my kids for lessons. What a douche...

Rant over...

P.S. Just to make it clear the store near me in question wasn't in Greensborough.
Wow. What an absolute ****.

It just does my head in, all he needs to do is apologize profusely, blame the new guy, promise to sack him and I go off happy and don't slag off his business at every chance I get. Then he goes back to his crappy store and laughs with his staff about me, what ever. Problem solved for both of us.

Must be a small business owner who hasn't heard of word of mouth before.

Name and shame I say.

Latest posts

Back