Consumption Per Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0-10 schooners/stubbies

• 11-20 schooners/stubbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30 schooners/stubbies

• 31-40 schooners/stubbies

• 41-50 schooners/stubbies

• 51-60 schooners/stubbies

• 61-70 schooners/stubbies

• 71+ per week

• Total voters
i was knocking back a keg per week and saw a doctor recently who said my blood pressure was too high for a guy my age (31).

seeing as i regularly excercise and have a failry healthy diet, we could only attribute it to the beer consumption.

after a few weeks of no beer from monday -> thusday things are on the improvement. i don't hold back on the weekend, i just cut out around a carton that i would normally have drunk through the weekday period.

i am prepared to run 1-2km per day so that i can continue to drink beer!!

Had always been a stringbean, moved to sydeny, caught the munchies and put on 10kg, weighed 90kg.

Lost the munchies, caught the boozies, weigh 85kg.

Probably too many beers PN, 3 longies on work nights, 4 on nights off.

Always depends on finances and mood of financial controller.

So 3 AFD's and longies otherwise.

(what else can a poor boozy do?) sung to split enz....

with no help I get through a 30pk of cans and a 19lt keg a week. well most weeks. the cans are for away activitys. like the 2 it takes to get to the school bus and back in the arvo or the 6pk it takes to slip down the river in the boatand set the crab pots or mowing the acre's of grass that grow right behind the passing mower...

and as the dry heats up this will increase.. Oh ...

where can I buy a cannery/tinnery... HB in a can thats what I need in the north..

:beer:

Moderation for me with occassional big session which includes food, of course. Being "british" Australian I like to have people around, especially in winter, drink ten pints of bitter, and have a roast for dinner. My ethnic mate goes the chicken wings and German lager, then our fair dinkum mate does the BBQ and Aussie beer, our Dutch mate.... you get the idea. Sport always features in these sessions. This is what makes this the best place on earth to LIVE.

Have 3 Kegs on Tap, 2 AFD's per week with 2 drinkers in the house, we empty one keg every fortnight. Family get togethers can blow a keg in one session.

Those must be big stubbies ? I thought a Schooner was 500mL, if so I'm in the 11-20 range.
It's only all the blow in's that demolish my stocks and help drain a keg in less than a week ! :D

Those must be big stubbies ? I thought a Schooner was 500mL, if so I'm in the 11-20 range.
It's only all the blow in's that demolish my stocks and help drain a keg in less than a week ! :D

That's a non nsw-dweller answer if I've ever seen one. :p

A schooner is 425ml (15oz). A stubbie fills a schooner glass nicely if you pour it with a bit of head.

I probably fall into the 11-20 band. I normally have a longneck every night.

Same here. One longneck a night, ocassionally two. A few more on Friday or Saturday.
Can't put it away like I used to...and don't want to either!

20lt keg lasts me 2 weeks. This is unless the mates come to my bar, then its 1 keg per week.

Can't brew fast enough.
gee they're sweating the red and whites.
St george can't play...

After having a discussion with the Missus last night how I drink more than most in her oppinion

Maybe you need to get yourself a new missus? :ph34r:

Jez

Not at all, she's a good sensible girl and isnt it the duty if you love someone and think they arent doing something healthy by themselves to point it out?

I know your having a josh, but I think the day of the subjagated woman are well and truly goneski's.

Not at all, she's a good sensible girl and isnt it the duty if you love someone and think they arent doing something healthy by themselves to point it out?

Drew, I don't mean to be a boring fart but I think I'm with your wife when I say that 6 to 8 schooners per day is a fair amount. It's definitely well beyond the recommended 2 standard drinks per day. 1 schooner is probably about 2 std drinks at least. Most 330/375ml stubbies are at least 1.2 std drinks. Don't quote me on those numbers - I'm working from memory.

You're obviously aware that your body needs a rest since you're taking 2 days off the grog per week. That's something I try to do myself. But drinking that much probably negates the effect of 2 alcohol dree days.

Sorry for sounding like your doctor but I worry about this stuff for myself. I don't want to get to retirement and look forward to plenty of time for brewing only to have a liver that's shot to pieces.

Im trying to stick to 1 longneck per night, it can be difficult when you have a decidedly good brew drinking well!

The most commonly heard excuse is that ive got a brew close to bottling and not enough empties. B)

Found something that will put all at ease:

German Order of Temperance circa 1600 AD.
Adherants should drink no more than seven glasses of liquor at one time and there should be no more than two such sessions each day.

Prost!

Funny stuff Chimera.

Apparently the legal age in the middle ages was being able to reach over the counter to grab ur beer! - Though being that most children were working full time from about 6 years old I guess that they were entitled.

Back