Consumption Per Week

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0-10 schooners/stubbies

• 11-20 schooners/stubbies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-30 schooners/stubbies

• 31-40 schooners/stubbies

• 41-50 schooners/stubbies

• 51-60 schooners/stubbies

• 61-70 schooners/stubbies

• 71+ per week

• Total voters
I have to say whats enforced my virtual absence of sugar in my life(being an office boy pump in about 4 cups of coffee a day now have no sugar in it) is diabetes and gout and other drink related diseases.

Does anyone else think about that type of thing or am I just being overly paranoid, cause my greatest fear is being told to quit the sauce!

So paranoid I wont to try to cut down to a carton a week, but the better my brewing gets the more I want to consume it lol.

If you're truly worried, you would see a Doctor as they will give you a definite answer to your questions.

DC, you already know the answer to your question. Yes you're drinking too much.

For the five days per week you drink, you're consuming 8-10 standard drinks per day. That's over double the recommended amount of 4 per day for men and much of the western world consider the Australian recommended amount is too genorous.

It's even worse if you're making beer over the 4.75% -5% range.

Roughly you shouldn't be drinking more than a litre per night of 5% beer with a couple of alcohol free days.

If you want to drink more than drop the alcohol content of your beer.

Cheers
MAH

and while we're at it.. you need to cut out the smokes, stop eating so much red meat, get more exercise, stop eating sugary foods, cut out the fatty foods, get more sleep, brush your teeth more often and wipe your bum properly!! sheesh!

My beer consumtion is less than i would like it to be. about 10-20 a week. I am a brewer so i have a pint after every shift (4 days a week) and then about 10 homies during the week. I would liek to drink more home brews because i brew more than i drink.

Some weeks i go through 30-40 schooners and others i'll take it easy and i'll only have 3 or 4 beers. Just depends how busy i am, when im working, whats on tap, or if theres a reason to celebrate... mind you i dont need much of a reason! :)

For the record I probably have between 30-40 schooners over 5 days, with 2 days being alcohol free.

DC, you already know the answer to your question. Yes you're drinking too much.

For the five days per week you drink, you're consuming 8-10 standard drinks per day. That's over double the recommended amount of 4 per day for men and much of the western world consider the Australian recommended amount is too genorous.

It's even worse if you're making beer over the 4.75% -5% range.

Roughly you shouldn't be drinking more than a litre per night of 5% beer with a couple of alcohol free days.

If you want to drink more than drop the alcohol content of your beer.

Cheers
MAH

I know. and believe me I shall.

And its more like a big binge of 12-15 drinks on friday/saturday(which is much worse apparently) and about 5-8 on Thurs-Sun, and probably 3-5 on Tuesday with grog free days being Mon-Tues.

The weather comming up wont help, but you cant put a price on your health.

[and while we're at it.. you need to cut out the smokes, stop eating so much red meat, get more exercise, stop eating sugary foods, cut out the fatty foods, get more sleep, brush your teeth more often and wipe your bum properly!! sheesh!

Yep you should do all of those things too!

If the heavier drinkers reckon they can get away with consuming what they have reported, then go ahead and roll the dice, it's your life. But drinking in moderation is not some namby-pamby attitude, it's an acceptance of the sometimes uncomfortable truth, that in small amounts alcohol consumption can have a benefical affect, BUT in excessive amounts it is detrimental to your health.

Personally, it was a long time ago that I stopped living by the Aussie macho-bullshit belief that you're a big girls blouse if you don't drink your own weight in beer every month.

Cheers
MAH

I know. and believe me I shall.

And its more like a big binge of 12-15 drinks on friday/saturday(which is much worse apparently) and about 5-8 on Thurs-Sun, and probably 3-5 on Tuesday with grog free days being Mon-Tues.

The weather comming up wont help, but you cant put a price on your health.

DC82, if you don't cut down your drinking you should kill yourself and eat your dog :lol: :ph34r: ;)

I've heard that b4 actually, on a email saying that if these arent the cheapest pharmucutials ever(on some spam mail) then they'd do just that.

Did I mention it to ya?

I can't vote as I couldn't find the relevant choice in the list, that being the choice to pick 'I think polls like this are stupid' :blink:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

DC82, if you don't cut down your drinking you should kill yourself and eat your dog

That would have been in the very contraversial "How bigs your gut" thread.

I know I have said this before, but I will mention it again.

I dont drink beer mid week for one reason only. I have been ballooning up and am finding my shirts harder and harder to get into. As DC82 says, i just cant imagine giving beer up, so I just cut back. I Reckon I have about 6 or 7 stubbies on Fri and again on Sat. Usually more if I am at a party. I manage to almost never drink commercial beer nowdays and if I am out, I will try desparately to find something more palatable. Thankgod you can usually find a James squire or coopers in most places these days.

I hear a collective intaking of breath but I have come to enjoy the beer free week. (I still have a glass of wine on week nights) The reason is that come Friday night, I am absolutely GAGGING for my first beer of the weekend. And let me tell you, IT IS ABSOLUTELY BLISS.

Its all part of my post 40 fitness attempt that has also included ditching the smokes. I just hope it lets me see my kids grow up and leave the nest before I cark it.

I recently went to a Gym to check out the situation. So Im speaking to this fitness freak guy who wants to know what i want to achieve and i mentioned that I wanted to lose weight without having to give up drinking my beers.

This freakboy makes the statement "I can guarantee you that after three months here you will stop drinking your beers even on the weekend." :blink:

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......I think not Buffer!!! :D

Anyway. Beer is good but i want to enjoy it longer not just all the time.

cheers

ATOMT :party:

I can't vote as I couldn't find the relevant choice in the list, that being the choice to pick 'I think polls like this are stupid' :blink:

Alcohol fueled brewtality
Jayse

Your always free to not reply friend :beer:

This is scary,

According to current reccomendations, and a recent review of literature, sustained intake of over 30 Grams of alcohol, (3 standard drinks) per day will cause some liver damage. As to whether a day or 2 per week drink free will reduce this effect is yet to be evaluated.

Anyone drinking more than 30 schooners a week, is likely looking for trouble, and people over 70 a week, are probably either lying, or are effectivly doing real self harm. How on earth you can drink 70+ schooners a week, and still have time to brew is surprising..let alone have a job,

After having a discussion with the Missus last night how I drink more than most in her oppinion

Maybe you need to get yourself a new missus? :ph34r:

Jez

I think most are being honest about their consumption here.

The conventional wisdom amongst medicos, though, has it that they ask how much alcohol is consumed and double it.

However, don't assume that its a good idea to underestimate your consumption. You must have a mutual trust with your doc.

Drinking the product of your hobby is compulsory, but do it responsibly.

*steps off soapbox*

The definition of an alcoholic is someone who belives that they don't drink to much.
I know that I drink to much and intend on keeping it just at that level :beerbang:

I've been observing my 2 afd's, drinking less than 2 pints a weeknight, maybe more on a Friday or Sat, if I go out. I've also taken up cycling to the station rather than car rides, and shed about 6 kilos... hrm. Liver doesn't hurt any more either... hrm, this moderation and exercise thing has a lot going for it.

Latest posts

Back