Conical Fermenters - Morebeer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickoz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a conical fermenter from morebeer.com? The cooled\heated ones look pretty cool and I think I may start saving to get one but before I do does anyone know if they can be powered on 240v. I could email them I guess but I'm just putting out some feelers first.

Cheers

Mickoz

Yes those externally cooled conicals are indeed a very sexy piece of kit. If they are 110v only, I wouldn't worry too much about that. You can easily get a transformer from Jaycar.

$1400 US ($2055 AUD)....+ Freight.....if you want to spend that much money on a fermenter go ahead....but to be honest I can't see it increasing your beer quality that much.

Grab yourself a nice fridge with a "fridgemate" or similar, you may even be able to fit 2 fermenters in it, or a conical from craftbrewer if you want. Save the rest of the cash and brew ALOT of beer. Go AG if you haven't already, money will be well spent there.

But....if you still want to spend the cash on one of those units...I would love to come around for a beer and to play with it :p

Let us know how you go.

Pok

Definitely confirm the power consumption specifications and the units ability to run on 50Hz as opposed to the USA's 60 Hz before taking the plunge :) (Morebeer's website is lacking the the tech detail) The old Jaycar transformer might not cut the mustard on a hot day in the shed.
Cheers
Doug

Hi Guys
Just got off the phone with Morebeer these conicals operate on 110 volts and would need a minimum 5 amp transformer. Its all a bit academic as the price of the 24 gallon cooling only unit is USD $2250 without freight. Oh well dream on.
Cheers Altstart <_< <_< <_<

Bugger.

I would have thought they would have a "universal power supply" as their "heating\cooling" seems to be a peltier pump using a switch mode power supply. A PC power supply would probably do the job but I guess there is no guarantee.

Thanks for the responses

Mick

Even if you had the power supply, cost and postage issues sorted- I'm not sure from what I've read that these puppies are up to lager temp fermenting in a hot aussie garage.

As Pok has said- seems to make much more sense to get a fermenting fridge, fridgemate and a stainless conical if you must (I did) from a more local supplier.

Remi

Won't speak out of school, so no names will be mentioned. A person who attended the ANHC was chatting about getting stainless conicals constructed and imported into the country. A lot of research has been done and only wants to import when satisfied the quality is the best. Suggest you not rush into a big expensive foreign object just yet - save your gold coins, boys and girls, and you may find a well priced conical soon on the Australian market.

Alternatively, look at our site sponsors who have some bling things on sale.

Won't speak out of school, so no names will be mentioned. A person who attended the ANHC was chatting about getting stainless conicals constructed and imported into the country. A lot of research has been done and only wants to import when satisfied the quality is the best. Suggest you not rush into a big expensive foreign object just yet - save your gold coins, boys and girls, and you may find a well priced conical soon on the Australian market.

Alternatively, look at our site sponsors who have some bling things on sale.

Why can't they be made here? Surely some metal spinners here can make the conicals fairly cheaply if it can be done in the US. Especially with the dollar as low as it is at the moment, importing doesn't seem that smart.

Edit.

Here is a US plan that would be a good base to work off:

http://www.toledometalspinning.com/product...s/priceList.asp

TMS121114 at USD207 each and around USD160 each for 5 or more. Should be a similar price for Australian production.

Hmmm... Now I'm tempted.

Why can't they be made here? Surely some metal spinners here can make the conicals fairly cheaply if it can be done in the US. Especially with the dollar as low as it is at the moment, importing doesn't seem that smart.

Cos they can be made here. Just finding someone to do it is the hard bit. In my time here in AHB I haven't heard of an Australian producer yet ..

Latest posts

Back