Stainless steel conical fermenters

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wickham

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking about updating my fermenter from plastic to a stainless steel conical fermenter. There is a variety of ones to chose from. Interested in what people are using

I don't have a stainless steel conical fermenter. I do know the price range is extremely varied and some now have so many addons.

This channel Linked below has quite a few different conical video's.

Get a kegmenter, the cost increase for limited extra features and in some case downsides of a stainless conical/uni are not worth the money unless your at a significantly higher volume

I have a 30 and 50L CP unis which I run with a glycol coil and I use my kegmenter more.

Most of the smaller units have a terrible clamp design which if you want the option to stop any oxygen exposure/use pressure are a pain to seal.

Extra ports is more to clean, they are limited to 15psi (if you can get them to seal)

58L and 29L kegmenters

If you need smaller just use a cornie keg 19l or 9.5L with a shortened or floating dip tube

Kegmenter 10th of the price, can use at over 15psi, can use as a keg if wanted. Easy to heat sanitise, can stack them in a fridge if you set it up right. One opening thay can have mutiple attachments. Thicker side walls so more consistent temp maintained.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Cheeky Peak Nano-X range, I'm on my first brew with mine after 15 years with plastic fermenters and I love it

Back