Conical Fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dez.

Reaction score
Hi, have you guys seen the conical fermenters from fastrack? They are now called fastferment and are an awesome looking plastic conical fermenter. Im wondering if anyone here in Aus knows where to get one? Im currently trying to contact them direct and through there larger US distributors to enquire on pricing for the units to be shipped here. I may organise to buy a few units in a group buy if it can save a few bucks on shipping. If you haven't seen the fermenter watch the vid on you tube, search fastferment, it blew me away! Its exactly what i have been wanting in a home brew fermenter (without spending thousands!).

I emailed these people whether they will ship to Australia. The initial response was to suggest a freight forwarder and enquired about a possible local distributor. I did suggest one.

However today I got an email saying that they will do it! :D :D :D Providing they get a minimum number of orders. I just placed an order myself. Looks like an awesome product.

Hopefully others will do the same.

... where do you take your hydrometer samples from?

there only appears to be a bottom valve, which means you have to dump all the trub before you can get a sample.

Also, on their website, they apparently sell straight to Aus:
https://www.thefastrack.ca/main/fastferment

Looks like you'd have to take off the collection ball and take a sample from the valve, then add the ball back on.. Seems a little excessive, unless I'm missing something.

Fine for fermenting in ambient temperatures. If you brew in a fridge under temp control, you'd need to rig some sort of free standing mount.

As an idea HBHB you could glue a thick piece of wood to the back of the fridge with something moisture and cold resistant (silastic product maybe?) and than bolt the included wall mount to that id rekon. This is of course if the fridge is a dedicated fermentation box.

n87 said:
... where do you take your hydrometer samples from?

there only appears to be a bottom valve, which means you have to dump all the trub before you can get a sample.
You could open the top port and use a wine thief to take a sample.

Nick R said:
You could open the top port and use a wine thief to take a sample.

true, but then you have to worry bout sanitising stuff. a normal hydro sample from a tap, you dont need to sanitise anything.

The size/capacity of the sediment collection ball may/could be an issue when fermenting fresh wort vs Kits unless the user can illuminate virtually all cold break material. The amount of break material I currently collect (due to inefficient trub/cold break removal in my BM) in my Williamswarn 1 litre sediment bottle requires multiple empties. No big deal just a point to be aware of.

Also the 1inch valve on the bottom of the cone may/will be an issue with fresh wort as the unit on the WW is 63mm and there are times when "lumps" of sediment bridge this opening requiring a blast of co2 to clear and fortunately the WW has the ability to do this purge

Cheers

Wobbly

Hey everyone - thanks for the shout-outs. Just to keep our Aussie friends updated - we have posted our presale to include Australia and once we are able to pre-sell 300 units, we will prepare a container for shipping. Tell your friends! The sooner we fill the order, the quicker everyone can start fermenting in these awesome units.

Holler at us if you have any other questions - appreciate the interest. Cheers!

Email: [email protected]

Dude, you missed the boat by a few months.. A great many of us just went stainless in one way or another..

Interesting units though

Back