Condensation Solution For Freezer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budron

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've got a chest freezer running at about 4c for my keg setup, but I builds up quite a lot of condensation that sits on the bottom.
I try to remember to clean in out about every 2-3 weeks for fear of rust starting to happen.

Is this a common problem and is there an easier solution than pulling 4 freakn heavy kegs out all the time to wipe it up?

Cheers,

Budron

Hey guys,

I've got a chest freezer running at about 4c for my keg setup, but I builds up quite a lot of condensation that sits on the bottom.
I try to remember to clean in out about every 2-3 weeks for fear of rust starting to happen.

Is this a common problem and is there an easier solution than pulling 4 freakn heavy kegs out all the time to wipe it up?

Cheers,

Budron
Box of bi carb works well, mould starts to kick in above 5c if kept there constantly, mine is set at 3c no issue with rust or mould.

Box of bi carb works well, mould starts to kick in above 5c if kept there constantly, mine is set at 3c no issue with rust or mould.
will have to give that a shot, I have mine on 2 degree's, no mould but condensation is present.

thanks
Matt

will running a fan help with condensation ?

I too suffer this problem.

My brother lives next to the ocean and in his cupboard has some thing designed to pull the humidity out of the air. It isn't powered. Just a cylinder with a weird lid. It seems to work because it's half full of really gross looking liquid. I've been thinking of putting one in the freezer to see how it goes.

I have mine set at 0c.. some condensation forms on the walls & freezes. I also have a Damp Rid thing in there. I do still get a small amount of liquid in the bottom though..

Putting a container of moisture absorber such as Damp Rid or Hippo helps. I'd be focusing more on why the condensation is forming such as looking at the seals or frequent opening of the lid. I had a bad problem of condensation in mine due to the lid being propped open all the time by beer lines (no collar yet) and the evaporative cooler running meaning it was easy for the moist warm air to enter the freezer.

will running a fan help with condensation ?
I few of my mate run cpu fans off their fridgemates to curculate air to stop condensation but at this stage I have done it yet as I find the bicarb works well plus I don't mind a small pool of water on the bottom never been bad enough to worry me. As the freezer is outside and it remind me its working mop it out every second keg change or so takes only 2 sec.

Latest posts

Back