Complete Keg Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshisgood

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the process of hinting towards a keg fridge for Christmas from my girlfriend, I mentioned the craftbrewer one to her and I think she picked up on it but I thought it came pretty much setup minus gas bottle and kegs, but would need a fount, lines, and everything else. Had a look around and found the keg king series 2 (kegking.com.au) which seems to be setup with most of what's needed for 599. Anyone know if these are a good setup? Or know of anything similar? Cheers Josh

Yer they are all good. Just remember to use the soft pad part of your finger when changing the temp though. Use your finger nail as she's broke!

The taps suck. I'm not sure if you can replace them with something better however everyone I know who has one has complained about the quality of the taps. If you're looking for a tap to get, go for the Perlick 525SS.

Cheers,

Clint

they are a great unit. have everything but a gas bottle, co2 reg, and kegs. you'll need gas line as well.

I got mine from beerbelly, and we got another one from craft brewer. both great.

Taps get stuck, i think some lub might help but we have perlicks now, they are the best.

Hey guys I'm in the process of hinting towards a keg fridge for Christmas from my girlfriend, I mentioned the craftbrewer one to her and I think she picked up on it but I thought it came pretty much setup minus gas bottle and kegs, but would need a fount, lines, and everything else. Had a look around and found the keg king series 2 (kegking.com.au) which seems to be setup with most of what's needed for 599. Anyone know if these are a good setup? Or know of anything similar? Cheers Josh

The Series 3 you want not the series 2. There is $100 difference but worth the extra and they will post free to major cities.

The taps suck. I'm not sure if you can replace them with something better however everyone I know who has one has complained about the quality of the taps. If you're looking for a tap to get, go for the Perlick 525SS.

Cheers,

Clint
I never had any problems with my taps or anything else. Although I only had mine for 10 months though.

I am pretty sure I saw Ross make a post about the kegerator that he sells at Craftbrewer. He uses good quality taps not cheap ones. There are options available - telephone them to have a chat about it - too easy.
I see there is a 3 year warranty on the compressor too.

I sold mine a few weeks ago now but I always clean my taps and lines usually once a fortnight.

Edit: I should mention I used it almost on a daily basis too.
OK. The taps the we got on the cb fridge would jam even if used daily. You had to either pull them really hard to crack the beer build up or pull them apart and clean. The taps on the keg king fridge (same style of tap but different brand) would be ok if used daily. But if you left them a few days between beers same issue. They have been replaced with perlicks now. They fit strait on no problem. There is now no issue with sticking. No cleaning more drinking I say :icon_cheers:

OK. The taps the we got on the cb fridge would jam even if used daily. You had to either pull them really hard to crack the beer build up or pull them apart and clean. The taps on the keg king fridge (same style of tap but different brand) would be ok if used daily. But if you left them a few days between beers same issue. They have been replaced with perlicks now. They fit strait on no problem. There is now no issue with sticking. No cleaning more drinking I say :icon_cheers:

+1

hrrrmmm it sounds like one needs to either drink more or clean regularly. :mellow:

I have had mine for almost a year of pretty much continual use. No problem with taps - they get a little sticky after a short period of no use but soon "free" up. Not a problem at all really. I clean them regularly, well, between kegs. The bloody kegs don't seem to last so long!

Or use Perlicks!

Every time I've taken the Perlicks off for a clean they already are! Can't say the same about the other taps

All I do is spray the Perlicks with some starsan at the end of the night, first the nozzle, then up the nozzle then put the cap on. This keeps them clean as a whistle

Hey guys, cheers for all the replies. Keg king sounds like a pretty good deal (was actually looking at the series 3 just got names mixed up). I showed the keg king site to girlfriend tonight and it turned out she'd taken my hints and was planning to buy the craftbrewer fridge, and now Ive ruined both the surprise and Christmas :rolleyes: . Though she seems to have gotten over it now. So now it seems it's a bit more open to discussion rather than subtle or not so subtle hints. So still looking at keg king but maybe consider building a system with a freezer or fridge if it turns out tO be a better or cheaper option (though I'm not particularly good with diy projects). Cheers again for the advice, Josh

Found this tonight.Kegerator . Does anyone know if this is a reputable site or know anything about this kegerator model? I think it might be the same fridge as the keg king but maybe a better quality font/taps?
Cheers

Edit: link didn't work for some reason Site is http://www.pinnaclewholesalers.com.au

so these perlicks go straight onto the cheap fonts supplied with these kegerators? Do they need flow control?

Does that come with the regulator too Josh or am I mis-reading that down the bottom?

Looks like a good deal, what's the freight?

Does that come with the regulator too Josh or am I mis-reading that down the bottom?

Looks like a good deal, what's the freight?
Yeah looks like the regulators included, only thing it needs is a gas bottle and kegs I think. I've emailed them about freight (couldn't get the postage calculator to work) says on the site that they'll ship 19l kegs with it for no extra postage cost so I asked for a price on them too

Latest posts

Back