Cold filtered?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmarshall

Reaction score
Does cold filtered just mean its been cold crashed?

I believe - chilled, then filtered while cold.
Removes the ?proteins? which cause chill haze as well as yeast and trub

Your not going to filter hot are you? Cold filtered commercial beer, what a load of crock.
We filter cold, cheers Einstein

Judging by Carlton Cold it filters out the flavour as well as the protein particles.

Meanwhile, what's with that ad (I think for T.E.D?) that says the beer is dry becasue they ferment it longer. What a load of crap. It's got nothing to do with the length of time it ferments for.

bradmccoy said:
Meanwhile, what's with that ad (I think for T.E.D?) that says the beer is dry becasue they ferment it longer. What a load of crap. It's got nothing to do with the length of time it ferments for.
I would hazard a guess that the ferment of this product drags out. Turn that frown upside down.

They filter it through a colum of ice in a similr way to charcoal filtering. Then it is bottled by young nymphs.

Did you know that Crown Lager is taken from the top ( or crown ) of the fermenter when brewing Foster's Lager

and...

Carlton is made from beer...

Ducatiboy stu said:
They filter it through a colum of ice in a similr way to charcoal filtering. Then it is bottled by young nymphs.

Did you know that Crown Lager is taken from the top ( or crown ) of the fermenter when brewing Foster's Lager

and...

Carlton is made from beer...
Carlton is made from what?

bradmccoy said:
Not a load of crap.
An enzyme is added to ferment further and requires additional time.

I loved Crown's recent ad campaign:
The fifth ingredient. TIME...
Crap! The fifth ingredient after water, barley, hops and yeast is SUGAR!

Also, take a look of Crown's new logo on their bottles.

new-crown-lager-logo.jpg

That second letter is NOT an "r"

Rekon the graphic artist is attempting a to label the wankers who hold these bottles and think they look sophisticated?

It is actually. It's just a variation of the old fashioned cursive running writing that went out of fashion when some moron decided triangular printed letters looked better. It's the same as the one on the end of "lager" underneath but half cut off at the start.

Latest posts

Back