Coffee Grinder

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont even like coffee... i just think Silvia looks so HOT i had to have her in my kitchen. Grrrr

Excellent hull integrity in your crush there, Bizarre... There's a local reseller of Crankenstein mills here in Canberra - at Trojan Hospitality in Fyshwick, no affiliation yada yada.

Cheers,
TL

Thats what impressed me the most Trough Lolly - that was straight out the box on it's default setting. Good bit of gear if you ask me - Im well impressed :D

Arghhh!!!

There's been a Coffeesnobs spillover onto the brewing board.

Here's me thinking that it was only Kong, Big Al and myself. World is indeed too small. :lol: :lol:

Warren -

Warren :eek:

Don't forget my thermablock :rolleyes:

kitchen_coffeemake_5764_small.gif

[/quote]

Don't forget my thermablock :rolleyes:

View attachment 7614
[/quote]

Geeez, who'd own a thermabloc.?? Get with the program Duff :lol: :p
you probably use pre-ground beans dont you.!! :ph34r:

Geeez, who'd own a thermabloc.?? Get with the program Duff :lol: :p
you probably use pre-ground beans dont you.!! :ph34r:

Pre-ground? Pffftttt...

There's nothing but real coffee in the Hills mate, Gloria Jeans roasting facility is just down the road :lol:

I was like this :( a coffee snob , 8-10 cups a day, sold it all and cut back to the point I and now drink MORE BEER.
FLAME suite on <_< . I now drink TEA between BEERS :p and sleep better, coffee only when 'nothing else will do the job' after a BIG session.
Duck for cover :blink: .

Now you're talking Bindi

Irish Breakfast Tea ............................ nothing comes close

Coffee is just dirt

Cheers

Wow, my kind of topic! so many silvia owners on a homebrew forum - theer must be something in that.

Indeed - Miss Silvia has many charms :D (no PID here though - yet)

I've got an imat mokita combi, should look into whether a PID will help it, although I'm already down to only 2 coffee shops that I can go to, any further pickiness for coffee's going to leave me with none!

Give the coffee shops a miss, go home roasting - you'll never look back...

The coffeesnobs / Church of Miss Silvia are taking over!!! :super:

To bring it back on topic - how fine do I grind my Sumatran Mandheling if I want to add it to a Porter?

mycle.

Home roasting! OMG! worse posers than AG brewing! ;)

Maybe one day that pop corn maker could find a decent use - roasting grain, or.........

Love the comparison with beer drinking though - how breweries and cafe's get away with producing unmentionable quality product that is perceived by the public to be good, simply because the public have no other way of experiencing what can be.

thermoblock - no swearing in here please ;)

(i was only joking before, I really have an ecm giotto plumbed in through a water filter, and 2 mazzer minis side by side)

then I woke, sweating......

Sounds like a fun setup pharmboy :p
As far as home roasting goes, I've a heat gun and a dog bowl and just can't get a consistant roast no matter how much I try, I'm thinking its the ambient temps during winter, it gets like a shell, doesnt roast thru tho. My mate does a lot with a popcorn maker.
But when there's a place in town like suspension espresso (no affiliation yada yada) I feel I don't need to roast, geez when I found that place - $1 shots, made properly - made my justification of buying and hotting up miss silvia go right out the window haha

Arghhh!!!

There's been a Coffeesnobs spillover onto the brewing board.

Here's me thinking that it was only Kong, Big Al and myself. World is indeed too small.

Warren -

I am also a coffeesnobs devotee these days Warren! It didn't take KoNG long to get me hooked. And now I have yet another hobby that is likely to cost me thousands of dollars on my quest for perfection! :rolleyes: I have already bought a decent grinder (Sunbeam EM480) and am expecting to be a proud Silvia owner by year's end! B) KoNG has also got me a sample of some green beens after I uncovered a dusty breville popcorn maker at the back of my cupboard! :D

I joined coffeesnobs a few weeks ago (same boring username as here). Yet another way to waste away a working day! :lol:

Latest posts

Back