Co2 washer Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman86

Reaction score
Are polyurethane washers the same as nylon washers, besides craft brewer i dont know any other place that sells nylon washers for co2 regs and its a massive trip for a washer. I have 2 beers that are nearly ready to go into the kegs, does anybody know anywhere in brisbane that sells them.

Andale or Lancer in Brisbane will be able to sort you out. You may need to buy a bag though. Fibre washers (if available) are best.

Washers should be changed with every cylinder change as they can deform. You can get away with a few cylinder changes per washer if you use fibre ones

Pnutapper said:
Andale or Lancer in Brisbane will be able to sort you out. You may need to buy a bag though. Fibre washers (if available) are best.

Washers should be changed with every cylinder change as they can deform. You can get away with a few cylinder changes per washer if you use fibre ones
Thanks ill have to have look them up. Yeh the first time i got my bottle filled i figured out quite quickly the washers arent much good the second time and lost a full bottle of gas over 2 weeks

If it's the low pressure side of the regulator it doesn't really matter whether nylon or polyurethane if it fits properly when it comes to CO2.

Hang on, I'm supposed to replace that washer every time I fill the Co2 bottle? I've literally never done this (although it's only been 2 years). Does everyone do this?

Ben1 said:
Hang on, I'm supposed to replace that washer every time I fill the Co2 bottle? I've literally never done this (although it's only been 2 years). Does everyone do this?
No. Never heard of that. Replace as necessary.

Ben1 said:
Yeah, I do after losing 10kg of CO2 many years ago, due to a worn washer. For the cost of a washer, it's just not worth the risk.
I bought a bag of 20 from Andale a few years ago, so that'll keep me going for a while with the 2.6 kg bottles I use these days.

Ben1 said:
No, not everyone does this. Some people also stick a new washer in without pulling the old one out first. I earn good money out of people like this!

You can get away without changing them every time, particularly if you use fibre washers. but for the cost - why risk it?

Latest posts

Back