• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Co2 cylinder 22kg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's likely owned by BOC and the new owner won't be able to get it filled (unless it says "Customer Owned" on it)

I got my boc cylinder filled at my lhbs no dramas . However some boc cylinders have a security device so that only boc can refill them . Have a look inside the valve opening if you see what looks like a piece of brass with a cross on it then only boc can fill it.
The above information came from my lhbs

I got my boc cylinder filled at my lhbs no dramas . However some boc cylinders have a security device so that only boc can refill them . Have a look inside the valve opening if you see what looks like a piece of brass with a cross on it then only boc can fill it.
The above information came from my lhbs
I can't see brass with a cross
Thanks for the info.

Some States have quite stringent Occ Health and Safety Laws regarding the storage and use of F size C02 bottles and these include private premises, for good reason! just saying...

Some States have quite stringent Occ Health and Safety Laws regarding the storage and use of F size C02 bottles and these include private premises, for good reason! just saying...
The people at rentfreegas.com didn't see a problem with me getting a G size for home.
Where did you hear about extra regulations for F size?

The people at rentfreegas.com didn't see a problem with me getting a G size for home.
Where did you hear about extra regulations for F size?
In WA anything over 6.8kg for C02 is considered hazardous and is covered by factory regulations even if its your house, a mate has a 'large brewery' in his shed, he showed me the hoops he had to jump through to have his gas cylinders filled.He told me it was similar in other states. To do with asphyxiation, his shed had to meet factory regs... similar to gas heaters and carbon monoxide. Cheers

Latest posts

Back