Clubs / Get Togethers In St Kilda Area?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peted27

Reaction score
Gday guys, recently moved to Melbourne, living in Elwood, had a look at the established clubs around, and they all seam so far away. Just throwing the question out there is there any clubs official or unofficial in the st kilda area??

Cheers

Pete

Good move! I used to live in Milton Street.

You're a hop skip and a jump from the Local on Carlisle St ... beer heaven.

If you get no better offers get yourself along to Alestars on Tuesday nights. The guy who runs that - Shandy - is a handy AG brewer and he'll be helpful.

Gday guys, recently moved to Melbourne, living in Elwood, had a look at the established clubs around, and they all seam so far away. Just throwing the question out there is there any clubs official or unofficial in the st kilda area??

Cheers

Pete

Bayside followed by Westgate are you're best options for the closest clubs. There is always the Melbourne Brewers if you want to travel to Ferntree Gully (Boronia) for our meetings. B)

You're a hop skip and a jump from the Local on Carlisle St ... beer heaven.

If you get no better offers get yourself along to Alestars on Tuesday nights. The guy who runs that - Shandy - is a handy AG brewer and he'll be helpful.

Dont forget brewshare night at the taphouse. You bring some of your beer, pay $10 and get to taste everyone's beer, talk about how it was made etc and eat pizza which is provided. You rate the beers and the best brewer gets to take home a $100 voucher for grain and grape. Next one is 23rd of November http://www.thelocal.com.au/MEL/comingEvents.swf

Haha i live on milton street.....

google maps quotes me

1 hour 47 minutes drive to the last bayside brewers get together.......

57 min to the last melbourne brewers meeting

30 minutes to the westgate guys....

this was all driving (which i wouldnt be doing....)

these are probably all great clubs, just too far from me....

Haha i live on milton street.....

Good choice - is this still up on the corner of Milton / St K Rd?

3601661973_e1dbc8899a.jpg

There is no formal clubs as such in the St Kilda/Elwood area but as shed mentioned, you are a short stumble from The Local Taphouse which is the best beer bar in Melbourne if not Australia.

This coming Tuesday is the Murrays Ale Stars which should be awesome. Book via the blog if you want to come.
There is quite a few homebrewers who attend varying from kit & kilo types to all grain. Shandy can be a bit hard to understand at first but you get used to his accent eventually.

They also hold quarterly Brewshare nights which cost $10. You get some tasty pizza & each brewer talks about their beer & the others can make comments if they so wish. Usually there is a theme but your welcome to being whatever you have on hand. I missed the last one (IPA) because I had nothing worthy of taking but have been to the others.

haha i think it might be, i'll have a look next time i go to the tram. such a great poster

You'll always be a Western Sydney Brewer Pete. "You can take the boy out of the West....."

Only 10 hours drive to our next meeting ;)

You'll always be a Western Sydney Brewer Pete. "You can take the boy out of the West....."

Only 10 hours drive to our next meeting ;)

yeah mate, missing those curry nights i tell ya... good times

Bayside Brewers monthly meeting moves around from host to host each month.

Yes, last month was in Flinder's (still technically "Bayside", just the wrong bay), and the next one in Mt Eliza, but previous to that was Hampton and Cheltenham, only 10-15 mins from Elwood.

There's a bunch of us in the Bentleigh and surrounds area, so only 10-15 mins away, and we tend to car pool together to the distant meetings.

PM me if you want more info.

Westgate brewers is a short hop from the closest train station, change trains in the city and go to west footscray I think. Look it up on google maps mate. They're great ppl to hang out with too. Golani on this forum lives in caulfield reasonably close to you, he means to come join melb brewers at the coming meeting. You could work out meeting up with him/ other melb brewers in the area and carpool m'b :)

People of Melbourne be warned: the phantom brewer is in town and will drink all your beer :)

Latest posts

Back