Cleaning S/s Element

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can vouch that it fixes up scale in kettles just fine :)

you have been recommended pbw numerous times in this thread, and if you were to play the game on statistics, you would win with pbw, but given you choose to play against the crowd, then you may as well try windex, apparently it fixes everything

this is # 7

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive run out of PBW but have bucket loads of Prec so will start there.

Will citric acid be ant good here? If so what would be a dilution rate?
Suggestions apart from suggesting not leaving it turned on and forgetting about it?
cleaning2.jpg

Problem is I have no idea where it came from (possibly Sam's Warehouse), it's one of many cleaning things that SWMBO has accumulated.

I thought that acid (including citric) was mostly a conditioning/passivating thing (after cleaning with something like PBW/Percarbonate) than direct cleaning for stainless.
(The stainless cleaner has multiple different acids and some foaming stuff.)
As for how much citric acid, a few teaspoons is what I usually use.

When I worked in a kitchen, each end of day, all we used was lemon juice to clean the caked on shit off the grills. Doesn't hurt to try. Nappisan rocks too. There is always caustic and boiling...

all that ready made Indian food is having an effect on your brain!
Maybe so, but they taste good.
Whatever the reason, this stainless-cleaning-stuff is great for cleaning minor rust and repasivating stainless, which could be a concern when an element is boiled-dry (or cleaned in some of the ways mentioned earlier in this thread).

you have been recommended pbw numerous times in this thread, and if you were to play the game on statistics, you would win with pbw, but given you choose to play against the crowd,

I also said id run out of PBW currently... Alternatives are just that.. I was asking what my 'other options were'.. I will chase up some sodium met when i have a chance but for now i needed a handy solution with what i have on hand.

Some have answered constructively.

Looks loads better this morning.

Cheers

Back