Claim To Fame - Famous People You Have Met

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a few games of pool with Eddie Vedder a few years back. I was the only one in the place that went up and talked to him. It was during the Adelaide Fringe Festival and there was a bloke called Jim Rose from Jim Rose Circus fame there that everyone in the place wanted to meet.

Had a few games of pool with Eddie Vedder a few years back. I was the only one in the place that went up and talked to him. It was during the Adelaide Fringe Festival and there was a bloke called Jim Rose from Jim Rose Circus fame there that everyone in the place wanted to meet.

Are you for real no one wanted to talk to him. He seems that he would be a alright bloke. He likes his surfing and magaret river so he can't be all that bad.

Are you for real no one wanted to talk to him. He seems that he would be a alright bloke. He likes his surfing and magaret river so he can't be all that bad.
Jim Rose was like the cult hit of the festival, his show was freaky and the bar we were in was in the centre of the area where a lot of the shows were. Was just the crowd there at the time I suppose. Maybe I was the only Pearl Jam nut there.
Ironically the only person Jim Rose wanted to meet was Eddie Vedder. :D

Edit:- Just found this on fivehorizons.com, a site that has details of every PJ show.
03/07/98 - Thebarton Oval: Adelaide, Australia [110m]
attendance: 21,000
support act: Shudder to Think
set: MFC, Brain of J, Hail Hail, Animal, Do the Evolution, Dissident, Jeremy, Corduroy, Wishlist, Lukin, I Got Shit, Even Flow, Daughter/(brief Hunger Strike), Given to Fly, (Improv)/Habit, Elderly Woman, Nothingman (!), State of Love and Trust, Alive
enc 1: Go, Once, Better Man/(Save it for Later), Last Exit
enc 2: Yellow Ledbetter
notes: A splendid outdoor show, Ed drinking Coopers, a South Australian beer Throughout the show. Kicking versions of 'Do the Evolution,' 'Even Flow' and 'I Got Shit.' A cool 'Daughter' tag, singing, " I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, I don't, mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence ..." Just before 'Habit,' Ed starts singing "Lemonade ... Powerade ... Adelaide," and everyone cheers. After 'Habit,' Ed has a very tongue-in-cheek chat about Oasis: "So I just wanna state for the record that ... ah ... I don't know if I'm speaking for everybody but ... we love Liam Gallager. I mean honestly ... I'll tell you what. I was walking around last night and I ended up playing pool with a couple of you, you're out there I know. Had a great time ... had quite few of those things--Coopers (or) whatever they are--Onya, mate! And it was just going great. I was making friends left and right ... then I was getting free beer, it was just quite a night. But then some asshole asked me for ah to take a picture ... and I just headbutted the fucker right in the head ... and it felt ******* great GREAT. It was awesome ... I tell ya ... it's pretty cool this rock star thing ... I like it a lot." (Liam had recently been charged with headbutting a fan in Brisbane after the fan asked for a photo.) 'Nothingman' is a surprise, with Ed introducing it saying, "OK, we're gonna try one that I don't think we've tried yet on tour, so we'll see what happens ... you got the ears for it I think." Before the second encore Ed comes out by himself and starts playing the drums. A cool lead-in to 'Last Exit' by Ed: "... you guys have been tough. I know because I ... we've all been there, and it's not easy to be in a crowd like this ... and for you to go through this and be so good to one other and everyone has survived, and to listen to our music. It's something we will take back with us ... in our suit cases and various bags. You know when we first started the moon was right there. Now it's over there. It's good to know the world is still turning regardless of what us fucked up humans are doing to it. But tonight is an example of something good so anyways, thanks for sharing it with us and being part of it ... it really makes us feel good ... this is our Last Exit." Again, everyone gives Mike the stage during his 'Yellow Ledbetter' solo. At the conclusion, Ed says, "All right, I'm buying drinks for everybody ... see ya at the pub!" A great show, with PJ's general level of merriment, happiness, interaction and musicianship. Still just a handful of Yield tunes on the setlist.

Just remembered this one. I met Tim Rogers of Faith No More fame at the hippy club in perth.

I offered to by him a drink and he said no thanks and gave me a hug. I always said musos are all werdios.

Just remembered this one. I met Tim Rogers of Faith No More fame at the hippy club in perth.

I offered to by him a drink and he said no thanks and gave me a hug. I always said musos are all werdios.
Perhaps Tim Rogers of You Am I? ;)

I work for a cousin of Keith Emerson, of Emerson lake and Palmer fame. When the bosses daughter got married he was at the wedding, even did a burst on the piano which was brilliant. Nice bloke but not quite on the planet.

Perhaps Tim Rogers of You Am I?

Yeah thats the one :unsure:

Oooh I forgot all the motorsport ones... My previous three employers were all sponsors of supercars. I've been around Eastern Creek in a Ford with Russell Ingall and also Wayne Gardner. Around Bathurst in a Commodore with Skaife and also with Peter Brock (Brocky was an asshole that treated his wife like a dog) and I have been around QLD raceway and Oran Park with Marcos Ambrose in a Falcon. At one of the corporate hot lap days I met Kiersan Perkins and his wife, she was lovely, he was a twat. Lowndes is a great bloke for a chat, Whincup is a tosser, Tander is so far up his own butt I'm surprised he is still so tall, Courtney is like a big kid, Rick Kelly is still a little kid complete with the whinyness...

Oh and once at the Sydney Qantas Club I met the dude that has been voted the man who most men would likely turn gay for, the man moustache, Sam Elliott... I didn't even get a chubby

I've met BribieG and Chappo a few times. Those guys are like all over the internet.

You see that big bloke mashing the other players head into the ground with his palm.
That's Bob O'reilly.
He drives a truck now and I occasionally get him to do jobs for us.
Once he asked me for a hand to help strap up a load - only cos he took a tumble the day before and suffered a couple of broken ribs..
But he still showed up.
Nice bloke.
Tough *******.

oldparrabulldogs_wideweb__470x318,0.jpg

Mid 90's one of my mates bands did an all ages gig in Parramatta, supporting Custard & The Fauves.
I remember backstage talking with Custards guitarist that I thought Fauves gig sucked. Some dude was standing close by listening - later I realised he was the Fauves singer or something. I'm an idiot.

No. An idiot would have realised and tried to pretend the fauves were amazing.

Worked in the music industry for 10 years and I am not talking seeing but spoken/had a drink or dinner with:

Stevie wonder
Slash
Bootsy Collins
Steve Via
Scott Ian
Dave Mustaine
Stu Hamm
Zakk Wylde

They're the big ones but little ones are much better to hang with!

Experience/opinion:

Stevie wonder - felt my face
Slash - very friendly and could chat about anything
Bootsy Collins - busy wondering and asking if I knew why he was famous..
Steve Via - legend
Scott Ian - again, legend, really nice guy
Dave Mustaine - arrogant ****.
Stu Hamm - nicest person to meet
Zakk Wylde - ego is hard to stand around.

You asked.

Experience/opinion:

Stevie wonder - felt my face
Slash - very friendly and could chat about anything
Bootsy Collins - busy wondering and asking if I knew why he was famous..
Steve Via - legend
Scott Ian - again, legend, really nice guy
Dave Mustaine - arrogant ****.
Stu Hamm - nicest person to meet
Zakk Wylde - ego is hard to stand around.

You asked.
You instantly win this game... :ph34r:

And glad to hear Mustaine is as much of a ********* as he seems!

Slash seems like a nice bloke. Steve Vai? Classic.
Would love to have a jam with both of them... I mean, have a lesson.

a friend was in an elevator with Sam Neil the other day. After a long awkward ascent, the best he could come up with by way of conversation starter was "I didn't think Event Horizon was that bad....." Neil smiled, and got out.

Latest posts

Back