Citra Hop

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used Citra but I think watching the fast one try to pave his way into AHB will be much more satisfying than providing my feedback on the hop. Oh, and Rotten, I think that those of us who know him know him to be much more than merely an enigma!

I'm now off to find the popcorn that the good doctor mentioned on the other site...

ooooo exciting!!!!! Can't wait for the efficency thread... or the pacman reculture one too!! :D

He won't be the same here. Registered a month ago and one post? This pond is too big for a small fish.

He won't be the same here. Registered a month ago and one post? This pond is too big for a small fish.
225px-Steam_Boiler_2_English_version.png

Watch out.....he might have been building up a fresh head of steam during that month :D

Mountain Goat's new Rye IPA is using it combined with Cascade. Was on sample at ANHC (during breaks and at the Gala Dinner) and I think is available on tap at the Local Taphouses (Syd & Melb), but you'd have to check with your local bar guy.

A yummy fruit basket of a beer that is making me think more about trying this hop out myself.

Hopper.

Wow, I thought that beer had galaxy in the combo, I'd be surprised if it's just cascade/citra mix. Would love to have it confirmed either way.

Cheers Ross

Johnny anchovy was your brew made with the same three hops if so would you consider posting "formula" for batch

Sounds like it was received well with the judges

Seems like hoppy beers are becoming more and more popular these days

The old beer judges comments of it needs more hops may be out dated now

Think that I will purchase some Citra and do some testing for myself

Thank you one and all for your comments

It seems that there is a following on this site also

And I haven't even had a chance to talk with other brewers without the same old slagging Troup putting in there 2 cents worth of useless ribbing in

Ps don't forget the popcorn!

speedie

:icon_drunk:

Wow, I thought that beer had galaxy in the combo, I'd be surprised if it's just cascade/citra mix. Would love to have it confirmed either way.

Cheers Ross

I chatted to Dave from Mountain Goat at the ANHC Gala Dinner, need to e-mail him and get the full recipe, he seemed very open to sharing any information on it.

Notes I took down from his presentation for the hop schedule;
Galaxy up front (this may mean bittering, I didn't take enough notes)
Citra hops late in the boil
Galaxy in the hop back
Galaxy and Citra dry hop

No cascade.... and I was taking notes as he spoke.
I now have Citra... already had Galaxy and the rye, a clone attempt is coming up soon.

Edit: Only Galaxy in the hopback

I chatted to Dave from Mountain Goat at the ANHC Gala Dinner, need to e-mail him and get the full recipe, he seemed very open to sharing any information on it.

Galaxy in the hop back
Galaxy and Citra dry hop

I now have Citra... already had Galaxy and the rye, a clone attempt is coming up soon.

Galaxy and Citra? Yikes! Do they sell it at Dan Murphys?

I must try it.

Galaxy and Citra? Yikes! Do they sell it at Dan Murphys?

I must try it.

Nope, ANHC exclusive. Both Tahouses got some & obviously MG has it on tap. They don't bottle many if any of their one offs.

The unofficial blend of Resurrection Double Stout and Rye IPA was sublime :beerbang: Black Rye IPA :icon_drunk:

I going to try the Coopers Pale Clone, but tweak it a little.

It'll be the same malt bill, but I'm going to change the hop schedule.

I'll do...

28 IBUs

18 IBU of POR for bittering
5 IBU of both Citra and Galaxy at 20mins for a bit of a citrus, passionfruit, etc kick.

Hopefully it turns out okay.

:huh:

do you think that both hop strain are close in genus

And here I was thinking that binomial nomenclature was supposed to reduce confusion.
I have a feeling alsatians and chihuahuas are of a common species as well. :ph34r:

hefevise there is some story along the lines that some yanky hop people some years ago came to aussie and took some galaxy back to the states and maybe renamed it citra?
only speculation

never liked little dogs earl

never liked little dogs earl

Perhaps they make you feel inadequate.

Point is why don't you just say what you mean instead of using words that you clearly don't understand the meaning of.

New forum, same attitude it seems.

Point is why don't you just say what you mean instead of using words that you clearly don't understand the meaning of.

Probably the same reason some people like to end their sentences with a preposition and no punctuation mark. Glasshouse dwelling I suspect.

Galaxy in the hop back
Galaxy and Citra dry hop

Oops no cascade. My mistake. But yeah was a very interesting combo. Reckon they dry-hopped it pretty well. Meant to ask Dave if they're using a hopback at Mountain Goat as it's been ages since I've been to the brewery - so your answer clarifies that one Mika thanks! Certainly couldn't taste the Rye, but who cares! It was yummo! :icon_cheers:

Hopper.

Back