Christmas Message Must Watch !

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
I had this sent to me, I must say its a strong message but I think its worth the time to have a look.
Warning this may upset some people that have lost friends and family to DUI.
GB

Huge blitz here and in NZ coming up to Christmas. When I arrived in Australia in the 70s drink driving was almost universal, the pubs were crowded after work and the car parks always full, and the idea of clubs and pubs actually running courtesy shuttle buses etc would have been science fiction. So the campaigns are having a great effect and changing attitudes for the better.

Please drive safe, don't take risks, don't speed and and don't get behind the wheel when you are tired or had too many.

Make a promise to someone that really matters in your life; wife, kids, mum, dad or mate that you won't do anything behind the wheel that you know you shouldn't.

A saying my boss has that I reckon's pretty good, Better to be late than dead on time. +1 to all above, take it easy people, no point having too much fun on Friday only to wake up dead on Saturday

no excuse for DUI these days... should be automatic loss of liscence for 5-10 years + car crushed + $10000 fine...

make the f-wits think a bit harder about just jumping on in and heading off....

effing f-wits that take the lives of innocent people... shit.. dont get me started :angry:

Two years ago i got done for DD, its a good wake up call. 800 bucks and 8 months suspension sure does hurt. Id never do it again. Was madness to even think about driving (out in the sticks, 1am morning, outback town, not a soul around) I thought i was right..
I felt fine too, wasnt stumbling or slurring... still blew .171
The fine itself was somewhat annoying, i kept thinking of all the gear i could have bought with that 800 notes... but the 8 months of not even being able to drive to the shop to get milk or etc was absolutely PITA. I still look back and shake my head.

It is not only you that you are responsible for, if you provide drinks to your mates make sure they don't get in their cars. Give them an alternative to stay overnight or call them a cab. I liked the old QLD slogan from a few years ago. "Mates don't let mates drink and drive. "
Take care this Christmas.
Cheers
Chucka

Yep, take care and don't do them stupid things.... Pity alcohol remove your ability to see them for what they are.

I've now been a first responder to two major MVAs, first one no one was seriously injured* but the vehicle was a total write off, the second the driver of one was high on weed and killed the driver of the other vehicle. Got the photos of that one if anyone wants to see their lunch/dinner again.

Oh yeah and my sister is currently of the road with a DUI she blew 0.221, and she too felt fine, no slurring etc. Difference is she *knew* she was over and still got behind the wheel.....

*No life threatening injuries just three broken limbs, and one face glass blasted to the bone, and she was a pretty girl too.

Please take it easy on the roads this Australia Day......

Thats one awsome add

Should be compulsry viewing for anyone getting and renewing their licence

Back