Christmas Lotto 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grainer said:
NSW Keno Draw 87 14/12/14

Draw Number 87
Ball 1 Ball 2 Ball 3 Ball 4 Ball 5 Ball 6 Ball 7 Ball 8 Ball 9 Ball 10 Ball 11 Ball 12 Ball 13 Ball 14 Ball 15 Ball 16 Ball 17 Ball 18 Ball 19 Ball 20
23 18 14 55 53 37 1 72 63 78 48 43 6 28 2 25 22 29 51 61
This is more likely

1st = 23. Motch02
2nd = 18. chubbytaxman
3rd = 14. slcmorro

Sorry menoetes .. not this time...

Second option less likely.....

Draw No: 2980. Drawn: 14/12/2014. Drawn Numbers. 33. 77. 69. 72. 38. 13. 24. 25. 60. 73. 66. 04. 35. 51. 30. 36. 27.

1st = 33. Ciderman
2nd = 77. Topher
3rd = 69. sp0rk

please correct if wrong.. this second option is from a victorian website so most likely incorrect
Man you let me down big timeeee!

Congrats to the winners

Also what's the best way to post?

Grainer said:
NSW Keno Draw 87 14/12/14

Draw Number 87
Ball 1 Ball 2 Ball 3 Ball 4 Ball 5 Ball 6 Ball 7 Ball 8 Ball 9 Ball 10 Ball 11 Ball 12 Ball 13 Ball 14 Ball 15 Ball 16 Ball 17 Ball 18 Ball 19 Ball 20
23 18 14 55 53 37 1 72 63 78 48 43 6 28 2 25 22 29 51 61
This is more likely

1st = 23. Motch02
2nd = 18. chubbytaxman
3rd = 14. slcmorro

Sorry menoetes .. not this time...

Second option less likely.....

Draw No: 2980. Drawn: 14/12/2014. Drawn Numbers. 33. 77. 69. 72. 38. 13. 24. 25. 60. 73. 66. 04. 35. 51. 30. 36. 27.

1st = 33. Ciderman
2nd = 77. Topher
3rd = 69. sp0rk

please correct if wrong.. this second option is from a victorian website so most likely incorrect

motch02 said:
Man you let me down big timeeee!

Congrats to the winners

Also what's the best way to post?

The NSW Keno draw (first set of numbers) would had been correct if we was using the 14/12/14, but entries closed end of 14 and we were using the draw from the 15/12/14

For posting the beers, I always used the brown plastic beer bottles, wrapped them in bubble wrap and put them in a 3kg post bag. You can squeeze 3 in a bag.

QldKev said:
Confirming these numbers are correct.

Winner - Judanero
Second - Ciderman
Third - Kumamoto_Ken

Just to clarify where they are from, It is based on the NSW Keno numbers. To get them use the keno website, the first draw/game number for the day is 459 and you need to download the spreadsheet to get the drawn order.

Congratulations to the Christmas Lotto 2014 winners. Please send a message with the postal details to the people who will be sending beers.
Thank you to all who participated.
Congratulations to

Judanero
Ciderman and
Kumamoto_Ken

Better luck next time for me :beerbang:
Now down to the finer points of business ...
Do these worthy winners get a beer from everyone ... or just those in the group?

Sorry - noob question.

chubby

This is a great start to the day! Awesome!

I'll get to messaging the relevant people probably this arvo some time. Congrats to Ciderman and Kumomoto Ken!

Chubby- Just those in the group

chubbytaxman said:
Congratulations to

Judanero
Ciderman and
Kumamoto_Ken

Better luck next time for me :beerbang:
Now down to the finer points of business ...
Do these worthy winners get a beer from everyone ... or just those in the group?

Sorry - noob question.

chubby
Just the people in the group, refer post #68 I listed it out who needs to send to 1st, 2nd and 3rd. So in your case you entered twice 18 and also 42. Both are in the first place winners area, so you need to send 2 bottles (one for each number you took) to Judanero.

Judanero said:
This is a great start to the day! Awesome!

I'll get to messaging the relevant people probably this arvo some time. Congrats to Ciderman and Kumomoto Ken!

Chubby- Just those in the group
Agreed, some great news after a long day (and night) in the office!

I'll pm my benefactors around lunchtime.

Congrats also to Judanero and Ciderman (although as a slight booby prize you get stuck with one of my creations!).

Edit: big thanks also to QldKev for running the show.

re-draw, you can't trust those Mexicans ;) hahaha
Give me the address when you're ready, and I'll head down to the post office as a sore looser and ship mine off :D

Congrats to the winners :kooi:

Special mention to Menoetes whose beers arrived this afternoon.
Outstanding effort!

Guys I will honour my beers but only in town 1 day so hopefully will dispatch Monday if not I will on 7th January ( really sorry but it will come)

First cab off the rank for me is a Riwaka ESB provided by Menoetes.

I've created a gallery but have no idea how to do the thumbnail link in my post to the bigger image, so if anyone can help with that it would be great, or you'll all just have to suffer through large images.
I'm certainly no judge, but I've tried to at least comment against the BJCP criteria (aroma, appearance, mouthfeel etc etc).

An initial faint hop aroma but then dominant malt/toffee on the nose.
A very clear dark amber beer with an off-white head that receded to a persistent small head, with lacing on the glass.
My initial flavour impression was malt/toffee with a lingering bitterness in the finish.
Mouthfeel was good, carbonated to style (as far as I know), no off flavours (to my taste).

Overall impression was that it was a really good beer, and if 4.5% as labelled would be a very sessionable ESB (I haven't read the style guidelines but I wonder if this is outside the ESB abv range, not that I really care). The bitterness seemed more pronounced on my second glass (when it had warmed up). I didn't find a lot of Riwaka hop aroma or flavour but I wonder if that's the hop itself. I recently brewed a Riwaka Summer Ale and have been a bit underwhelmed by the hop.

I'd be interested to know the yeast used and the estimated IBU if Menoetes is willing to share.
Anyway, it's a really good beer, thanks Menoetes.

gallery_30557_1269_217608.jpg

Edit: Speeling

Glad you enjoyed it Ken and thanks for the feedback. Estimated IBU is 38 but it might have been a bit lower as the FG was 2 points higher than expected in the end.

The yeast is a tricky question; the simple answer is Wyeast 1318; London III.

But whether I underpitched or mashed too high, the yeast stalled at 1.017. So for better or worse, I sprinkled in a dry yeast left-over from a coopers kit to get it down to 1.013 (still higher than the est 1.011).

I was sweating a lot over this move until I tasted it and really liked the taste. I think the yeast blend really worked out. The 1318 is quite malt driven and did 90% of the work but that 10% of coopers yeast gave it a touch of that fruity musty taste so I enjoyed the heck out of it. Call it a happy accident, that beer is a real favorite with me right now and will be featured tomorrow at the family Christmas.

So pleased that you enjoyed it sir.

PS. You might want to start your own tasting thread rather than bumping the lotto thread with each tasting, just to prevent any confusion...

I am liking reading the tasting without searching so like having it posted to this thread

I've got a couple I can add, but why are my photos always sideways? Uploading from iPad.

skb said:
I am liking reading the tasting without searching so like having it posted to this thread
I checked last year's thread and it seemed the reviews were in the main thread. So unless it's a real breach of forum etiquette I'll keep putting mine here, one less thread.

Back