Christmas Lotto 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's stated in the conditions of entry that feedback is welcome but voluntary though oldy. You make an informed decision based on that.

Where are you posting from that a bottle costs $40 to post?

mines on it's way.. sent yesterday.

i had a hard enough time doing notes on 16 case swap beers. screw doing 40.. i enjoy drinking them not sitting there making notes about the beer.. go to a brick store..

Hey Everyone, Thanks for all the posts i've started to receive them and the mail room bloke at work is already looking at me funny.
Planning and doing a proper taste test and feedback for anyone who wants it. having said that im no bjcp judge and the length of the feedback might depend on A: how many i've had and B: how many i have to write feedback for that night. Planning on doing feedback for every beer and will post publicly unless you message me to say you would prefer private. Bit of a task and it might take a while to go through them all but im not about to crack every beer just to rush back feedback, i want to enjoy them.

Having said that here's the first of the feedback due to me receiving this personally and the beer hasn't been through the washing machine called Aust Post:

Manticle: Belgian Golden Strong:

First i went and Brought Red hill temptation to have a golden strong to go against as i haven't had much of the style, read the bit in brewing classic styles about Golden Strong:

Report:

Fking Cracker!

Colour is i reckon about 5-6 Srm against the How to BREW Colour guide. Real straw yellow against the light. Only thing is it's hazy. maybe i should have left it in the fridge longer but i didn't travel far and kept it upright. Stayed hazy even after i let it warm up. (spent about an hour drinking the bottle (longneck).
Held a head for a good amount of time, left a nice bit of lacing on the glass. High- medium-high carb just right.

Smell: just like the red hill temptation, nice spicy delicate. Phenolic and Esters Characters all that.

Taste: Bang on the money again. Smells carry through into the taste, Hint of bitterness in the back of the mouth but really balanced.
Not thin not cloying, Nothing at all i can pick out of this beer taste wise and say that's "oh that tastes off". Touch of alcohol but i reckon less alcohol than the red hill. Finished Nice and Dry.

Overall: Fking Good! Really fking Good. If i was brewing this style and this was the result i wouldn't change a thing except for the Clarity issue.
Top notch start to the tasting, tried not to smoke manticle's pole too much but i reckon this is one of the best homebrews i've had.

Can i have the recipe please?

Mine will be express posted on Monday.

Posting tomorrow, Charst.
As promised, it has been sitting in the sun since I found out I lost and decided to be a little bitch.
Cheers, John.

I'll be getting mine posted tomorrow. Haven't had time this week cause of work.

Hey Everyone, Thanks for all the posts i've started to receive them and the mail room bloke at work is already looking at me funny.
Planning and doing a proper taste test and feedback for anyone who wants it. having said that im no bjcp judge and the length of the feedback might depend on A: how many i've had and B: how many i have to write feedback for that night. Planning on doing feedback for every beer and will post publicly unless you message me to say you would prefer private. Bit of a task and it might take a while to go through them all but im not about to crack every beer just to rush back feedback, i want to enjoy them.

Having said that here's the first of the feedback due to me receiving this personally and the beer hasn't been through the washing machine called Aust Post:

Manticle: Belgian Golden Strong:

First i went and Brought Red hill temptation to have a golden strong to go against as i haven't had much of the style, read the bit in brewing classic styles about Golden Strong:

Report:

Fking Cracker!

Colour is i reckon about 5-6 Srm against the How to BREW Colour guide. Real straw yellow against the light. Only thing is it's hazy. maybe i should have left it in the fridge longer but i didn't travel far and kept it upright. Stayed hazy even after i let it warm up. (spent about an hour drinking the bottle (longneck).
Held a head for a good amount of time, left a nice bit of lacing on the glass. High- medium-high carb just right.

Smell: just like the red hill temptation, nice spicy delicate. Phenolic and Esters Characters all that.

Taste: Bang on the money again. Smells carry through into the taste, Hint of bitterness in the back of the mouth but really balanced.
Not thin not cloying, Nothing at all i can pick out of this beer taste wise and say that's "oh that tastes off". Touch of alcohol but i reckon less alcohol than the red hill. Finished Nice and Dry.

Overall: Fking Good! Really fking Good. If i was brewing this style and this was the result i wouldn't change a thing except for the Clarity issue.
Top notch start to the tasting, tried not to smoke manticle's pole too much but i reckon this is one of the best homebrews i've had.

Can i have the recipe please?

Glad you enjoyed it mate. Most of my brews aren't refrigerated for drinking and are usually clear - however I do get chill haze when they cool. Will be trying isinglass soon. I've stopped fining my beers at the moment.

Anyway not sure why it was hazy when warmer but if the taste was there then that's the main thing.

Recipe is here: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...amp;recipe=1298

Cheers

Schooey... just sent my Rye Esb. It's been filtered and bottle primed... never done that before so might take a bit longer to carb up. Filtered last Tuesday IIRC. Should be good around mid Jan.. I guess? Have only had uncarbed keg samples so it may well taste like arse... but initial signs suggest it's a malt forward beer, with that thick oil like consistency you get from rye. Bitterness is there but not dominant.

Hope you enjoy.

mines in the post today for you Florian. I am drinking this one off tap at the moment and it's tasting really good. Hoping to have a lot saved for Xmas....
Anyway - $11 to post the wine box to Qld and 1hr 10mins of my life lost waiting in line <_<
mckenry

Mine will be in the post tomorrow. Left it at home with my lunch ahah!!

Schooey... just sent my Rye Esb. It's been filtered and bottle primed... never done that before so might take a bit longer to carb up. Filtered last Tuesday IIRC. Should be good around mid Jan.. I guess? Have only had uncarbed keg samples so it may well taste like arse... but initial signs suggest it's a malt forward beer, with that thick oil like consistency you get from rye. Bitterness is there but not dominant.

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks argon, I'll keep an eye out for it. :)

Mine will be in tomorrow. No 14 is a Belgium bock with about 6 months in the bottle. No 18n is a chez pilsner which was bottled a monthit is ready for drinking...But I would leave it at least two more weeks.Preferably another month.Cheers.Mark

Mine's ready to post today, Charst.
It's a Robust Porter, but judging notes in the Castle Hill Comp decribed it at more of a Brown Porter.
It's about 6 months old and quite smooth. Definitely ready to drink. :chug:
Merry Christmas.

Posted this morning. Nelson Sauvin Summer Ale. Ready to drink.

Schooey

Posted yesterday, bloody work keeps gettin in the way of beer stuff.

schooey

One long-neck of Nelson Sauvin Ale is all yours.

PM sent regarding pick-up details.

Merry Christmas.

booyablack

Florian, a bottle of freshly bottled Berlinner Weisse is winging it's way to you. (Woodruff not included ;-)

Congratulations to the winners, and to the rest of us, better luck next year!

Charst- registered post tells me that my beer was delivered and signed for yesterday.
Hope it travelled well, mate.
John.

Charst- registered post tells me that my beer was delivered and signed for yesterday.
Hope it travelled well, mate.
John.
+1 for me but on last friday
hope you got it

cheers matho

Posted yesterday..sorry re delay ...had a bottlen of no 14 yesterday its "drinkin" well now.. no 18 I would leave a couple of weeks.cheers

Mine will be in tomorrow. No 14 is a Belgium bock with about 6 months in the bottle. No 18n is a chez pilsner which was bottled a monthit is ready for drinking...But I would leave it at least two more weeks.Preferably another month.Cheers.Mark

Latest posts

Back