Christmas food - Roast dead animal or...?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm working early in the morning from 0400 to 0830. Then breaky with my eldest (her first family xmas function after moving out) bacon and eggs. Would love some blackpudding but I cant put up with everybody saying "How can you eat that"
After many years of seafood and other types of christmas lunches, we are having a somewhat trad Tassie lunch. The old "roast lamb and veg" requested by my other 2 kids.
For tea, it will probably be a pasty or pie from a 7/11 in Melbourne. Flying out to the Boxing Day Test late afternoon.
Cheers
LB

Going round to see a couple of family friends in a moment or two, She's Aussie so I'm giving her a wee collection of Henry Lawson and he's Welsh so I'm giving him a gift wrapped black pudding. :p
The Woolies one is a bit different to the UK style, but in the ballpark. Could do with more lumps of yummy fat.

Smoker all fired up.
Ribs for lunch
Beef for dinner, and
Pastrami for lunches during the week.

Merry Christmas AHB
:icon_drunk:

Dead bird on hot weber - looking forward to eating. Stuffed with stuff from dead pig and dead chicken!! Will eat with gravy made from dead red grapes and live yeast.

small turkey on weber.jpg

Had what I consider to be an excellent meat to salad ratio on my plate today. Beef, chicken, lamb, turkey, ham and prawns.
Vegans turn away now.
Actually don't. I dislike you anyway.

All low key today. Ham, cold roast turkey, some prawns and snags on the barbie and salad.

Rich

Couldn't be bothered to cook the goat but had a previous batch in the freezer. (This pic posted on my Curry forum at the time).

With Chappatis.

goat on bone.jpg

Now into the Greek Halva Semolina cake with butterscotch custard. No drinkies today, driving to a weekly meeting later (not AA) :p

This was my contribution to the cooking today
2 ducks and a chook in the webber with some hickory chips
20131225_105217.jpg

Did 10kg turkey on the kamado, was brined for a day and smoked with cherry and apple total cooking time was 3 hours. Everyone raved about the juiciest Turkey ever so chuffed about that... also had a 6kg ham, prawns and lobster. Wife did the salads and vegetables.

Salmon just out of the brine

IMAG0381.jpg

3 1/2 hours at 80 in the smoker witl lots of water in the water bath.

IMAG0382.jpg

Peeled...

IMAG0383.jpg

And a French Franjapaine and apricot tart the missus made for afters. Not exactly dead animal but tasted fantastic.

IMAG0379.jpg

Latest posts

Back